MMJ / Field Reporter
WKBN-TV in Youngstown, Ohio is looking for a part-time Multimedia Production Associate. The ideal candidate will have a desire to work in a multi-tasking environment. Must have the ability to work closely with digital team and television news staff.
Perform detail-oriented tasks (write and edit obituary listings, proof web pages before publication, upload stories to website).
Strong writing skills and knowledge of AP style. All applicants will be given a writing test.
Excellent written and verbal communication, including strong editing, grammar and proofreading skills.
An interest in digital journalism and the ability to write copy that engages the reader.
Understanding of social media and its relationship with content and news analytics.
A capacity to manage multiple projects simultaneously and maintain flexibility with shifting responsibilities.
The ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
Calm demeanor and positive attitude under pressure.
Photoshop and WordPress experience a plus.
Flexible hours required, including mornings, nights, weekends and holidays.
• JOB SUMMARY: Operate various equipment (audio, visual, graphics, lighting, digital) used for media production.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
• Assist in digital media productions, liaising with appropriate departments.
• Collaborate with the director and studio staff to coordinate broadcasts in the studio.
• Operate studio graphic systems during broadcast/production.
• Must be able to interact well with Multimedia Journalists, Anchors, Videographers, News Managers and Production staff.
• Detail oriented.
• Excellent communication and organization skills.
• Familiarity with processes and procedures of a television production and digital department.
Education/Experience: High School Diploma. Experience in television, film, or post-production preferred but not required.
Work Environment/Physical Requirements: High stress environment with deadline pressures. Some travel may be required on an occasional basis.
NOTE: This job description contains the basic requirements for the position and is NOT intended to be a complete list of responsibilities; other duties may be assigned.
Nexstar Media Group is America’s largest local television and media company with 196 full power stations (including partner stations) in 114 markets addressing nearly 63% of US television households and a growing digital media operation.
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site