Technical Project Manager
Sony Interactive Entertainment
Austin, TX US
Technical Project Manager
As a part of Sony Interactive Entertainment, we, the Cloud Gaming Engineering & Infrastructure (CGEI) team, are leading the gaming revolution in the cloud, putting console-quality video games on any device, from consoles to mobile devices and beyond!
Do you want to lead projects developing new software and hardware technology for Cloud Gaming? Does helping to evolve our platform while utilizing emerging technologies excite you? You will influence teams that craft, develop, test, deploy, maintain, and improve critical software systems. Together, we will plan requirements, identify risks, and handle schedules. We work with both internal and external development teams to define achievements, schedules, deliverables, track the progress, and help communicate the vision of various projects. We are looking forward to receiving your application!
• Exercise technical judgment in working with large, cross-functional teams.
• Develop tools and processes to improve software engineering efficiency, as well as meeting project goals and objectives.
• Communicate schedules, priorities, and status to all levels in the company.
• Collaborate with Engineering and Business Owners for project requirements and scope.
• Handle opposing priorities and be able to bring order to ambiguous scenarios.
• Thrive through building consensus and driving teams towards results.
• Work with engineers and management to maintain project timelines and to monitor, influence and direct progress.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or similar qualifications.
• 3-5 years of meaningful work experience, ideally in a distributed engineering team developing and maintaining software.
• Ability to clearly & effectively communicate (written as well as verbally) across the organization and up to senior leadership.
• Track record for being detailed with a confirmed ability to self-motivate and follow through on projects.
• Experience leading cross-functional teams to deliver projects with multiple dependencies and constraints.
• Strong working experience with Project Management tools and executing technical projects with Agile methodologies. Experience using tools such as Jira, Confluence, Office 365 and Google Suite
• Experience in Gaming Industry and Start-ups.
• Programming or engineering-related background.
• Being curious and interested in learning, or already experienced with Cloud Native technology as well as modern software delivery methodologies.
• Certifications in Project Management (e.g. PMP, PMI-ACP, CSM).
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site