Senior 3D Character Artist
Pasadena, CA US
***MUST HAVE RECENT GAMING EXPERIENCE AND ART BACKGROUND***
Industrial Toys is a AAA mobile developer founded by Halo veteran Alex Seropian. Our mission is to make games that are Mobile To The Core! We are currently working to bring cutting edge FPS gaming to your phone. If you're interested in working with veteran mobile, console, and PC developers in creating new AAA experiences that will reach billions of mobile players around the world we would like to hear from you!
Industrial Toys is looking for an experienced Art Outsource Manager to manage and maintain relationships with external vendor studios. As the Outsource Manager, you will work with the internal team discipline Leads to help manage the assets being developed by external vendors. You will assess development situations and form strategies for delivering quality, cost-effective assets through 3rd party vendors. You will create production packets and review the technical and creative quality of assets as they progress through the pipeline. The Art Outsource Manager has in depth experience creating 3D game art and be technically inclined with excellent feedback and organizational skills.
• Define and execute creative strategies for outsourcing and co-development that improve quality, cost-effectiveness, and risk mitigation of our products.
• Work closely with the Art Directors and Leads to understand and communicate the expectations for visual quality of in-game art with external teams.
• Build a wide variety of partnerships to deliver concept art, characters, animation, UX, cinematics, levels, and more
• Work closely with the Development Director to track, organize, maintain, and document status of outsourced art assets.
• Create and maintain outsourcing budget plans both short and long term.
• Find new partners and create new ways to make outsourcing and co-development work for us.
• Be the first line of feedback to vendors and course-correct to appropriate direction.
• Organize and prepare outsourced art assets for art reviews with the Art Director.
• Organize and prepare asset packets for the external team.
• Document and communicate Art Review feedback to the external team.
• Check technical validity of art assets coming in from outsource artists.
• Prescreen visual quality of art assets coming in from outsource artists.
• Extensive experience with managing outsource and/or co-dev relationships, ideally involving a variety of disciplines.
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills; able to work on complex problems where analysis of situations requires an in-depth evaluation of various factors with minimal guidance.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to understand, match, and communicate varied target styles.
• Excellent organizational skills and proven experience managing multiple 2D and 3D assets in various states of completion.
• An avid gamer is a plus.
Enjoy EA Industrial Toys studio benefits of:
• Spacious 19,000 sqft 10th floor office with amazing views of the San Gabriel mountains, all of Pasadena, and Los Angeles (on a clear day)
• Weekly Happy Hours, donuts and bagels.
• Full kitchen with snacks, drinks, espresso machine and nitro cold brew
• A game room with classic multi-arcade machines, modern consoles, and PC gaming stations
• Foosball, Ping-pong table, and Cornhole game
• EV charging
• Motorized sit-stand desks
• Private wellness room