Toronto, ON CA
MR. X is composed of a unique and gifted team of artists, filmmakers and programmers devoted to the art, craft and technology of visual storytelling. Our talented staff, committed to quality above all else, has achieved some of the most original and photo-realistic visual effects and animation seen on film to date. If you have the imagination, talent and drive, then MR. X is looking for you.
• Work closely with VFX Supervisors and Leads to determine best approach to solve effects challenges and develop final look in shot development
• Work with other TDs, art directors and designers to create photo-real effects and physically accurate simulations
• Accurately interpret concept art and design from the Art Department
• Use and understand 3D / 2D applications such as Houdini, Maya, and Nuke
• Provide input regarding tools and interfaces to improve throughput
• Producing a final overall look that far exceeds client expectations.
• At least 2 years of feature film production experience working with Houdini and/or Maya
• Experience with RealFlow, FumeFX, and Naiad a plus
• Experience lighting and rendering with Mantra, Renderman, and V-Ray a plus
• Ability to script in Python and Hscript. C++ and HDK and plus
• Ability to quickly master proprietary effects tools and pipeline tools
• Ability to design, self-direct, and organize your work
• Strong communication skills and must be able to work well within a team
• Exercise a high level of focus and skill in a fast-paced production environment
• Ability to perform visual and analytical problem-solving
• Strong demo reel and/or portfolio in realistic effects animation, lighting, arts or engineering.