Toronto, ON CA
MR. X is composed of a unique and gifted team of artists, filmmakers and programmers devoted to the art, craft and technology of visual storytelling. Our talented staff, committed to quality above all else, has achieved some of the most original and photo-realistic visual effects and animation seen on film to date. If you have the imagination, talent and drive, then MR. X is looking for you.
• Work with the Software and Lighting departments to build and maintain the shading and rendering pipelines, with a focus toward homogenizing look development across several target renderers (principally Renderman and Mantra) and DCCs (including Houdini and Substance). This assumes a deep familiarity not only with the underlying rendering technologies and their programming ecosystems, but also with their integration with the respective DCCs.
• Candidates should able to implement new techniques in the rendering and shading domains, from low-level bidirectional distribution/scattering functions, to higher-level camera, pixel, and sample filters.
• Work closely with artists and the pipeline development team to design efficient solutions to the flow and integrity of rendering-related data across the different stages of the pipeline, all the way to final output and compositing.
• Looking for someone who is highly motivated, self-starting, and with good communication skills. This is both a technical and creative position.
• Minimum of 5 years experience working with Houdini/Mantra and Renderman in a production setting and in a developer capacity.
• Good grasp of Linear Algebra, Calculus, Statistics, and all the basic mathematical constructs and algorithms involved in the shading and path tracing domains.
• Highly conversant with all the programming languages used in working with these renderers: C++, Python, VEX, OSL, MEL, and familiar with their various APIs: Rix, RIB, HDK, HOM, VOPs, HDAs, SOHO. Familiarity with USD, IFD, Alembic a plus.
• Familiarity at a developer level with some of the following peripheral dev frameworks, applications, and renderers is also a plus: Qt/PyQt/Pyside, Git, Shotgun, Nuke, Maya, Substance, Arnold, Vray.
• Must be an excellent problem solver with good communication skills who can bring ideas for new designs and solutions to the table.
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site