Backlist Metadata Copy Coordinator / Copywriter
Simon & Schuster
New York, NY US
NBC Universal is looking for a Writer/Digital Producer to help launch LocalX (LX), a new brand dedicated to telling stories in our local communities that compel our audience to engage and take action. The Writer/Digital Producer will work closely with both the Digital Director to create and manage LX content on digital platforms, including the web, apps, social and OTT.
The Writer/Digital Producer must be a natural collaborator, able to work effectively with the LX team and the broader NBC Owned Television Stations digital team. The ideal candidate is an excellent writer with experience creating unique content aimed at a younger audience. S/he must have strong news judgment, editing skills, and organizational ability, as well as a firm grasp of how younger news consumers use existing and emerging platforms. The right candidate knows how to make stories shine on multiple platforms – whether it's a story they've produced from scratch or something created by the LX team. The Digital Producer will help curate LX's digital properties, including owned properties (web site and apps) and social channels, and will follow a digital content production schedule and help communicate it throughout the division/monitor industry trends and innovations in cross-platform digital news. The Digital Producer will also serve as the primary deputy for the Digital Director, filling in that person's responsibilities when necessary.
• At least 3 years professional experience writing news or lifestyle content for a digital-first news organization or brand.
• Experience working in a newsroom and creating content on breaking news deadlines.
• Prior experience working with a CMS.
• Strong understanding of digital analytics and trends
• Basic current knowledge of copyright laws as it applies to digital publishing and social media
• Proven track record managing assets published to digital platforms, including reviewing for accuracy, grammar, etc.
• Must be able to work flexible hours including weekends and holidays.
• Must be willing to work at the Rockefeller Center office in New York, NY.
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
• Must be 18 years or older.
• Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU's Alternative Dispute Resolution Program.
• Editorial judgment and journalistic ethics
• Demonstrated experience producing engaging social media content aimed at a younger audience
• Interest in newsroom operations and management
• Proven knowledge of libel, slander laws in regards to digital media
• Demonstrated ability to solve problems, prioritize decisions, and successfully manage multiple assignments concurrently in a high-pressure environment
• Good collaborative and interpersonal skills to communicate at all levels
• Create content for multiple platforms aimed at younger news consumers
• Experience managing a homepage and or social media channels for a digital news organization
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site