Chicago, IL US
It's fun to work in a company where people truly believe in what they are doing!
• Understand the needs of the Nexstar Digital organization and, in response, architect, build/integrate, deploy and maintain mobile solutions that delivers a holistic, data-driven solution to grow audience, engagement, and revenue
• Manage a portfolio of apps across a large station group including location-specific apps for local broadcast stations and subject-specific apps, e.g. news, weather, sports, etc.
• Understand mobile app performance and analytics (traffic, engagement, monetization) and, working with your analytics partners, provide insights to stakeholders on optimizations
• Act as a technical bridge between Nexstar and its mobile solution vendors
• Recommend ways to optimize system infrastructure and apply subject matter expertise to quickly diagnose and fix technical issues hindering performance across mobile platforms
• Work with the Business Intelligence and Data Solutions to extract more out of the company's proprietary data assets, help craft new products to empower the content and revenue teams, and build a scalable data infrastructure
• Establish the short and long-term needs of the mobile platform solutions including budget, resource and system requirements, and alliance management strategies required to lead and execute on key projects to solve complex business challenges
• Prepare research, communication materials and presentations for the Nexstar Broadcast and Digital leadership
• 10+ years in system architecture, software development, and strategic management in an data and ad-driven media business
• 5+ years leading a team and managing the work of others. Knowledge or prior experience in media/entertainment or with a direct to consumer streaming service a plus
• Bachelor's degree required with a major in Computer and/or Data Science, Statistics, Mathematics, or Engineering. Advanced degree preferred.
• Demonstrable thought leadership in the technologies that power modern solutions for mobile web, native apps, OTT, and live streaming platforms
• Strong cultural and team leadership skills
• Capable of having strategic conversations at the executive level and tactical, technical discussions across teams
• Creative problem-solver with ability to look beyond existing business and technology limitations to identify the ''next thing''
• In depth understanding of all stages of customer acquisition, conversion, and lifetime value
• System knowledge and experience
• React Native, Flutter, and other hybrid solution stacks
• Front-end: Angular 2+, Backbone, Vue.js, Node.js, Less, etc.
• Back-end: Python, PHP, Laravel, Django, Express.js, MySQL, DynamoDB, Redis, etc.
• Video platforms including Anvato, Brightcove, JW Player, and/or others
• Digital Marketing tools for instrumentation and analytics analysis, such as Segment, Google Analytics, Pickaxe, LiveRamp, BlueConic, Datorama, and others
• System Awareness
• Ad Serving and SSP systems including Ad Manager, AdX, Rubicon, Xander and others
• Content Management Systems including WordPress and other enterprise solutions
• Data Integration tools such as SQL, Spark, Data Bricks, Airflow, Machine Learning
• Cloud and cloud management platforms including WordPress VIP, AWS, Azure, Google, Mulesoft, TIBCO, and others
• DevOps & Automation: Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform, Ansible, Jenkins etc.