Vice-President & General Manager
Irving, TX US
POSITION SUMMARY: Responsible for daily management and training of a group of national digital content creators. This position should work to improve the team's digital-first story selection and content publication in preparation for distribution across the Nexstar network of sites and media platforms, with the goal of increasing user interactivity and traffic. The person in this position should be a creative thinker and a digital native who can recognize the value of finding new ways to tell stories and understand the tools required for these ideas to succeed.
• Train, coach and manage a team of national digital content creators.
• Monitor Nexstar's site network and traffic patterns to identify local content needs.
• Craft and communicate a daily editorial agenda that meets the content needs of local markets.
• Identify and evaluate new tools needed to grow web traffic (databases, visualizations, e.g.)
• Model best practices for content delivery from a recirculation and audience development standpoint.
• Train others on successful methods of content publication and traffic growth.
• Build positive working relationships with local newsrooms to assure we are first to market with significant breaking news and exclusive content that creates an inclusive digital first culture.
• 5 years' experience gathering or producing news and information with 3 years' experience working primarily on the Web.
• Experience building online databases (investigative, elections, weather, etc.)
• Knowledge of SEO best practices and AP Style
• Organized, technical problem solver and quick decision maker.
• Enjoys working in teams and has excellent interpersonal skills.
• Ease with/ability to learn new technology independently and quickly.
• Comfortable adapting to changes in evolving industry and thrives under pressure
• Self-motivated, competitive spirit and assertive personality with ability to balance multiple competing projects and priorities.
• Schedule flexibility (nights, weekends)
• Proficiency in MS Office a must; HTML, CSS and Photoshop experience a plus.
• Bachelor's degree.