QA Support Analyst
Sony Interactive Entertainment
San Diego, CA US
SIE is looking Network Operations Admin with excellent proactive troubleshooting skills, to join a growing Operation and Support team in the Production Services organization. The mission of this group is to provide 24x7x365 operational and administrative support of the Sony Network Platform and to manage all inbound and outbound support requests related to the network and office infrastructure while working with internal and external teams to drive and coordinate issues to resolution within defined SLAs.
• Provide support for the Sony Network Platform with potential shift based work, providing 24x7x365 coverage
• Monitor systems, applications including high and low level network wide performance monitoring
• Investigate, troubleshoot, and triage production and non-production software/application/service/network issues including DNS, SMTP and NIS
• Create and maintain support and run book documentation
• Interface with Sony groups and external parties to provide them business support
• Fulfill business support service requests by troubleshooting, understanding configuration changes and reviewing logs
• Utility and tools development to improve support processes
• Act of single point of information exchange between groups
• Two years of relevant experience
• Customer service mentality - calm, customer-oriented communication
• Use and understanding of UNIX scripts to perform start/stop and new deployments of server sets and database configurations
• Intermediate Cisco networking skills required for deploying documented changes to equipment. This includes changes to port status, vlan membership, speed duplex settings and port counters
• Programming understanding in either Java, C or C++ desirable
• Experience troubleshooting complex systems and applications on Unix/Linux platforms
• Experience using source control, bug tracking, and ticketing systems in a multi team and multi division environment
• Strong troubleshooting and QA skills desired
• Ability to work with limited supervision
• Good understanding of software development processes.
• Familiarity with Apache, Tomcat, Splunk, and other open source technologies.
• Client-side database programming experience with SQL, Perl, OCI would be a plus.