Retail Marketing Specialist
Sony Interactive Entertainment
San Mateo, CA US
Sr. Strategic Initiatives Manager
San Mateo, CA
In this critically important role, you will work with multiple Sony entities to effectively define business and market opportunities and implement them with the focus on digital and data transformation. You will bring years of diverse expertise in business strategy, business and use case creation, data analysis and culture, and program management. Your style will be a highly strategic and facilitative one that requires a combination of focus and flexibility.
• Build and manage relationships with partners across SIE and across the other Sony businesses to facilitate discovery of opportunities and drive strategic initiatives from inception phase
• Collaborate with internal staff and management, and external Sony entities (including subject matter authorities, technology teams, data governance, legal, security teams, etc.) to identify and communicate expectations and tasks
• Provide and present reports to project teams and senior management on project status
• Translate business requirements to executable actions and drive execution on long-term vision as well as to meet short-term objectives.
• Occasionally, support general administrative duties, such as scheduling, organizing and planning of offsite meetings, etc.
• BA/ BS Degree or equivalent, Masters in relevant field a plus
• Minimum of 10 years professional work experience required
• Applicable/transferable experience: tech, media, entertainment, business strategy or consulting
• Motivated, organized self-starter with the ability to multitask and balance multiple projects of varying complexity under tight time constraints
• Ability to work effectively and expertly with cross-functional groups across divisions, worldwide, as a team
• Ability to drive and execute plans but also creatively tackle problems for which the answers aren't always obvious
• Outstanding financial and quantitative analysis skills to identify trends impacting the business and synthesize findings in common business language
• Experience in domestic and international project management
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Familiarity with other Sony businesses a huge plus