Senior Software Engineer
San Diego, CA
Sony Interactive Entertainment's Global Payment and Fraud Management (GPFM) teams are the guardians of both customer trust and purchase success for PlayStation and the PlayStation® Network (PSN). We provide innovative solutions to support every element of the network, various platform services, customer service teams, a diverse developer community, and more.
SIE has just launched a next generation risk platform and machine learning framework that support the global, fast growing PlayStation® Network customer base, world class PlayStation® consoles, and network entertainment services such as PlayStation® Now. In doing so, the ability to extract information from data and drive action that help achieve business goals is essential. GPFM's Data Science/Engineering teams are responsible for building services utilized in evaluating online user activity data for potential exploits across this new platform. We are looking for a Sr. DevOps Engineer to join our GPFM team to support this complex and impacting initiative.
The Senior DevOps Engineer is a hands-on engineering role with a full range of responsibilities to evolve and support a machine learning pipeline. You should be intimately familiar with running applications at scale on modern cloud architectures (such as AWS), ideally using Kubernetes (EKS) or other container orchestration tools. Additionally, you approach infrastructure from an engineering point of view, and understand the operational concerns (such as troubleshooting, but also monitoring) that come with such a platform.
• Design, architect, deploy and maintain cloud solutions using AWS
• Write Terraform or CloudFormation scripts to create Infrastructure
• Work to ensure a 99.99% uptime of the development / production environment
• Use of configuration management toolsets to ensure systems are kept up to date with the latest security updates
• Provide guidance and ensure AWS best practices for security are met
• Bachelor's degree and 8 years of related experience
• Experience with orchestration and management of containers using Kubernetes or similar
• Significant experience successfully implementing CI/CD using modern technologies with hands-on experience using tools like Jenkins, Harness, Sonar, Checkmarks, RLM, GitHub, AWS Code Pipeline
• Competency with most common AWS Services - EC2, EKS/ECS, DynamoDB, ECR, S3, SNS, SQS, more
• Broad knowledge in systems monitoring, alerting and analytics including using tools such as DataDog, Splunk, New Relic, AWS CloudTrail, etc.
• General knowledge in Linux/Unix Administration/Windows Administration
• AWS SysOps Certification
• ETL tools – Airflow, Matillion
• Basic Knowledge of Data Science/Machine Learning pipelines (Kubeflow/Seldon/Data Version Control)
• Streams – Kinesis/Kafka/ActiveMQ