Assignment Desk Manager
Arlington, VA US
We are looking for an Assignment Desk Manager for a Washington D.C. based national morning newscast. The position requires strong skills in journalism, leadership and creativity. The candidate will assist the day-to-day production of newscasts. This position will also work closely with the Executive Producer, Producers, Digital Team, Reporters and Anchor on the newscast and its content. In this position you will contribute content to newscasts and digital platforms.
The ideal candidate will have solid news judgment, be a compelling and accurate writer, and be able to multitask and manage their time in order to help put together an exciting and informative newscast. In addition to the ability to work in a fast-paced and deadline driven environment.
Essential Duties and Requirements i nclude the following:
• Exemplary verbal and written communication skills
• Energy & positivity
• The ability to take direction and work efficiently during breaking news events
• Must work well in a team environment
• A self-starter and who can generate his or her own story ideas daily
• Ability to edit video for stories
• Ability to write and post stories on digital platforms
• Ability to work under a deadline and on a flexible schedule is required
• Contribute story ideas to daily editorial meetings
• Conduct interviews when required via, phone, email, Skype or other methods
• Participate in regular content planning meetings
• Create planning system for daily, weekly, monthly coverage
• Coordinate special event planning and logistics
• Build and maintain database of news sources and contacts
• Other duties may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The qualifications listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
• Minimum of 3 years' experience working as an Assignment Editor, Reporter or Content Producer in a commercial news operation
• Excellent communication skills
• Ability to learn to execute news strategies
• Flexibility and on-the-spot problem soliving abilities are a must
• Journalism degree preferred
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site