Senior Director, Design
San Francisco, CA
Senior Data Engineer, Data Ocean Platform
San Francisco, CA
This is a senior level position with the PlayStation Data Platform engineering team, to develop our next generation data platform serving the global, fast growing, PlayStation Network.
Within the Data Platform team, we pioneer new insights to support the growth and usability of the platform supporting the various Data Science teams within the SIE organization.
Let's talk, if:
• The idea of crafting processes that will handle very large scale data appeals to you !
• You are passionate about making distributed systems faster and more efficient!
• You enjoy tackling complicated design challenges.
• You have implemented standard design methodologies for measuring, understanding and improving the system.
• You are willing to build a positive relationship with other SIE teams to help influence technology decisions.
• You enjoy participating in a development process, establishing and influencing quality engineering standards.
• Play a senior role in the evolution of a highly performant data platform and associated processes, applying industry standards to enable highly available, extensible data services for the SIE platform
• Design and develop internal tools to increase awareness of Sony's Data Platform, to improve both the visibility of our data as well as establishing systems and procedures make it easier to consume.
• You will be part of a team developing data processing services such as data reshaping, automated feature extraction and data measurement required to shorten the time to value for the data consumers.
• This position requires extensive hands-on technical domain expertise in data infrastructure along with excellent communication skills
• You will develop test scripts and scenarios to verify that your code meets Sony standards.
• You will participate in product road-map discussions and identify key areas for improvement.
• Willing to do what others do not do.
• Be Amazing
• BS Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent experience.
• 5+ years' experience in software development using Scala, Python or Java.
• Experience with distributed processing systems such as Apache Spark.
• Strong foundation in data engineering, data structures and software design.
• Experience with storage formats such as, Parquet / ORC / AVRO
• Experience with a hive compatible meta store catalog such as AWS Lake Formation.
• Interest in working with the data science and machine learning teams.
• Experience with agile TDD development methodologies.
• Possess the drive and passion for quality with the ability to inspire, excite and motivate other team members.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills, and be able to work with others at all levels, effective at working with geographically remote and culturally diverse teams.
Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services.
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site