Centennial, CO US
• Responsible for the overall editorial content for the assigned newscast.
• Work closely with news leadership to prioritize and drive news strategy
• Provide leadership and guidance in the selection of the most compelling and relevant stories to create content.
• Coordinate with the production, engineering, and IT teams to ensure smooth and seamless show productions as well as with the editorial team to ensure the most complete local news coverage.
• Communicate with news management and assignment desk personnel to shape newscasts and determine the composition and flow of all assigned platforms.
• Responsible for scheduling editorial staff to ensure proper coverage.
• Participate in the recruitment efforts and facilitate the newsroom orientation of new employees when needed.
• Track market competitive trends, develop and implement show content and format changes.
• Lead team with integration of social media and impact of content on all platforms while driving new engagement.
• Ability to effectively manage on-air talent.
• Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
• A minimum of 3-years previous experience as an executive producer or producer of daily newscast.
• Bachelor's degree.
• Must have demonstrated solid news judgment.
• Must be fully bilingual with strong Spanish writing skills.
• Strong skills producing live reports including coordinating with a live control room.
• Must be able to work under pressure.
• Must be willing to work at the station in Centennial, CO.
• Must be 18 years or greater.
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
• Must have ability to work any shift, including holidays and weekends.
• Natural leadership ability and skills.
• Sense of confidence and presence in communication and presentation style.
• Strong sense of urgency with sensitivity to time pressures and multiples deadlines.
• Direct, clear and effective communication style.
• Able to work successfully with teams, handling multiple projects and meeting tight deadlines under pressure.
Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered.
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site