Culver City, CA
Tennis Channel's Senior Media Manager ensures the proper acquisition, organization, maintenance, and distribution of all of Tennis Channel's production media. Reporting to the Executive Director of Post Production and working closely with the entire team of media managers, our Senior Media Manager takes the lead and sets the standard in facilitating the media needs of all departments and third-party vendors of Tennis Channel. These responsibilities include Tennis Channel's regular need for footage to be made available to produce shows, both domestically and internationally, inputting the proper metadata on all digital content, working with loggers to ensure proper metadata is being entered on match feeds, organizing and archiving all
of Production's media, digitizing legacy tapes, fulfilling requests for tapes, or internet links, as well as other tasks arisin from time to time.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Oversees the management of Tennis Channel's Avid Interplay environment (High and Low resolution) and Masstech Archive. Including archiving, deleting and restoring.
• Ensures all media managers are properly ingesting, cataloging and delivering content for Tennis Channel studio shows, Tennis Channel Digital, Tennis Channel Remote Productions, and third-party collaborators.
• Takes the lead in creating and implementing new workflows for Tennis Channel's potential expansion.
• Oversees and executes the proper movement of Files, ingest, metadata organization, troubleshooting software and hardware issues of transcoding and encoding files.
• Stays current with all file-based technology including camera codecs, wrappers, and encoding workflows.
• Provides expertise/knowledge on best practices, working with engineering on maintaining our Production systems.
• Oversees and executes the delivery of media with/between departments such as, Production, Marketing, Digital, Sales, and Outside Vendors.
• Ensures all ingested content has been correctly and accurately processed by the PAM system including checking the technical and visual quality of the ingested asset, accurate entry of metadata and tracking of material IDs.
• Collaborates with and trains other media management staff and multiple ingest personnel to ensure proper workflows are followed and fulfill daily requests and records.
• Troubleshoots Avid Media Composer issues.
• Manages all Avid Projects including Original Programming, Promos, Pregame shows, Matches, teases, and daily requests.
• Manages P2, SD cards, tape stock and hard drives.
• Maintains and manages the Tennis Channel Production FTP Server and fulfill FTP/Aspera file-based transfers with all outside sources.
• Creates and maintains our Vantage Workflows.
• Manages Tennis Channel Productions Sony Ci page for viewing and downloads.
• Performs basic media librarian duties for the video tape library, such as pulling tapes for the next day's broadcast, maintaining tape stock, keeping the library of multiple facilities in order.
• Takes the lead in formulating and executing a plan to digitize our legacy tape library.
• Works hours beyond normally scheduled shifts from time to time.
• Occasionally makes trips between our Culver City facility and our Santa Monica facility to delivery, and or retrieve media.
• A deep understanding and experience with Avid products, including but not limited to: Avid Interplay, Avid Nexus, Avid Media Central UX, Avid Interplay Delivery, Avid Interplay Archive, Avid Media Director, Avid Airspeeds, Avid Media Composer.
• Experience with large volume ingesting.
• Experience working with Vantage Telestream workflows.
• Experience with FTP clients such as Aspera, Sony Ci, etc.
• Experience with Masstech archive solutions.
• Experience in video tape libraries.
• Working knowledge of Final Cut Pro, Adobe CC a plus.
• Experience in Sports Production a Plus
• Knowledge of Tennis a plus
• Minimum 7 years Media Management experience
• Demonstrated leadership experience
• Experience mentoring and developing a team
Tennis Channel is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
About Tennis Channel:
Tennis Channel is a twenty-four-hour television network, online streaming service and national print magazine circulation dedicated to the sport and its unique lifestyle. The tennis-media hub is home to every aspect of the wide-ranging, worldwide tennis community. Tennis Channel is carried nationwide by every one of the top ten pay-TV service providers.
Make your mark in Media with Sinclair Broadcast Group, a diversified media company dedicated to connecting people with content everywhere! We have consistently led the broadcast industry since our inception, and now Sinclair owns the largest regional sports network business and one of the largest television broadcast portfolios in the country. Also, we have affiliations with all of the major broadcast networks, our own Tennis Channel, and several multicast networks including TBD and Comet. Our content is distributed over-the-air, on multi-video providers, and through our industry-leading digital media platforms. We also recently launched a free TV streaming service called STIRR. Our success is the direct result of our extraordinary employees and management team who believe in our vision and are dedicated to ensuring a great future for our employees. We are advancing the world of Media and want YOU to join our winning team!