Assistant, Business and Legal Affairs, Unscripted
Beverly Hills, CA US
Fandango, the nation's leading digital destination for all things movies, is hiring a Public Relations Coordinator to work closely with the VP, Communications and Directors of Public Relations, handling a wide array of communications functions across brands Fandango, FandangoNOW and Rotten Tomatoes: trade and consumer media relations, press material and presentation development, event coordination, speakers' bureau, inclusion and industry outreach initiatives, as well as creating and maintaining media databases and digital press materials, and overseeing NBCU PR Page.
• Work with PR team to create and implement PR strategies and tactics for key business priorities across Fandango, FandangoNOW and Rotten Tomatoes.
• Develop and distribute creative story pitches and press materials that generate press coverage for new Fandango and FandangoNOW products and content (i.e. apps, original videos, exclusive content, consumer promotions/offers), leveraging relevant movie industry trends and milestones (i.e. tentpole films, box office milestones, streaming trends, Fandango ticketing records), seasonal opportunities (i.e. awards season, summer blockbusters, holiday movies), and moviegoer surveys and polls (i.e. most anticipated movies).
• Help pitch and place Fandango and Rotten Tomatoes' roster of movie commentators on national and local television news, entertainment and lifestyle shows and in top print and online media outlets, giving seasonal movie previews, talking about tentpole movie releases and providing awards season predictions and reactions.
• Form and maintain strong relationships with top consumer, tech, box office and film reporters from entertainment trade and consumer, lifestyle, celeb/pop culture, digital media and mobile/tech outlets, as well as film bloggers and movie fan sites.
• Coordinate media events and mixers for Fandango, FandangoNOW and Rotten Tomatoes at key industry and consumer fan events (i.e. TIFF, SXSW, ComicCon) and press tours in key media markets.
• Assist VP, Communications with new industry relations and outreach programs to build Fandango's thought leadership within the industry and expand diversity and inclusion programs across the company and brands.
• Oversee PR team's organizational tools and reports: track and report media coverage, maintain media contact lists, speaking engagement and event calendars, and awards program -- with assistance from NBCU PR Page.
• Other duties as defined by the VP, Communications.
• Bachelor's degree with concentration in Communications/PR, Journalism or Marketing preferred
• 1-2 years of relevant PR experience (in-house or agency); in entertainment and digital media a plus
• Media relations experience, and ability to pitch press directly without supervision
• Possess strong written and oral communications skills
• Able to craft creative and strategic story pitches and press materials
• Proficient with Microsoft Office programs, especially Microsoft Excel, Powerpoint and Outlook
• A detail-oriented self-starter with a great attitude and a team player
• Well organized, with the ability to juggle multiple projects at once
• Thrives in a fast-paced, ever-changing atmosphere
• Have a passion for digital media and going to the movies