IT / Systems Administrator
Seoul, KR KR
Netflix is responsible for over 30% of peak Internet traffic in many countries and continues to grow on a monthly basis. The Open Connect Partner Engagement Team works to deliver the best end-user quality experience possible through collaborative efforts with Internet Service Providers (ISPs) to maximize traffic throughput, minimize network congestion, and provide optimal QoE for end-users. Details on our Open Connect initiative, including peering and directed cache appliances (OCA) is available at https://openconnect.netflix.com.
• Develop and maintain relationships with ISPs in the Asia-Pacific region (Specifically Japan & South Korea) to optimize end-user quality of experience through peering relationships and OCA deployments
• Provide regular updates and forecasts to ISP partners on traffic and Quality of Experience metrics
• Monitor interconnection and OCA usage to identify and implement capacity augments as needed
• Analyze, and review key performance metrics with partners to identify and fix issues.
• Partner with the Netflix CDN operations team on deployments and upgrade activities
• Partner with the Netflix Business Development group to ensure we are aligned on goals and objectives
• Regular involvement in relevant, regional industry organizations and events to promote Open Connect with existing and potential partners, and to help develop the global interconnection ecosystem
• Communicate fluently in English.
Operational competency in another Asian language is highly desired.
• Demonstrated ability to communicate across a wide variety of stakeholders including technical, business, and legal teams both internally and with partner ISPs.
• High-level project management skills to ensure partner activity is tracked through completion
• Exceptional familiarity with Internet technology concepts including routing (BGP), ISP traffic management, and interconnection, cache servers, and data center services
• Ability and desire to clearly present Netflix Open Connect concepts and activities for audiences of various sizes
• Successfully negotiate with various partners on commercial and contractual terms
• Analyze a variety of data using excel/google sheets, scripting, and database queries at an expert level
• Produce reports using tools such as Microstrategy and Oracle Financials for internal and external consumption
• See a problem or opportunity and act on it independently
• Present to large groups of people internally and externally
• Be a self starter
• Know when to escalate
• Write technical and strategic documentation
• Find unique and creative solutions to problems
Netflix offers a unique culture that values freedom and responsibility. It is a key part of our approach to innovation. Learn more about our culture via the culture memo and jobs site. You will be a critical person in a high-performance organization that is really, truly changing how the world watches movies and TV. Our mad dash to integrate Netflix into all devices was just the start, now things start to get interesting…
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site