Senior Creature Technical Director
Position at Industrial Light & Magic
Senior Creature TDs are responsible for rigging and enveloping hero to background creature, vehicles and props in Maya as well as setting up and running flesh-surface, hair, rigid, crowd, and cloth simulations. Able to wrangle rigging and creature pipeline issues proficiently under the direction and guidance of their supervisors.
• Advanced Hero-creature rigging and enveloping in Maya
• Set up and run cloth, hair, rigid body, crowd, muscle simulations
• Troubleshoot creature rigging and pipeline issues for artists in other disciplines
• Mentor entry level artists
• Script utilities/tools/plug-ins in Maya
• Sufficient knowledge of Maya rigging techniques to optimize the performance of rigs
• Participate in reviews, dailies, and department meetings as required
• Special projects as necessary
Education / Experience
• At least 5 years relevant professional VFX experience and at least a college level diploma in computer graphics, fine arts, design, or photography, or related field; OR, at least 7 years relevant professional VFX experience in lieu of education.
Required Skills / Technical Competencies
• Experience with advanced hero asset rigging and enveloping in Maya
• Experience setting up and running simulation shotwork.
• Experience in corrective sculpting.
• Knowledge of anatomy and enveloping
• Positive attitude and team player
• Passion for the work
• Good communication skills
Preferred Skills / Technical Competencies
• Experience with Massive or Houdini crowd software
• Basic proficiency in another discipline -modeling, texture, TD, animation
• Proficiency with Linux
• Expertise with Maya
• Experience with python scripting
Lucasfilm is among the world’s leading entertainment service companies, a pioneer in visual effects and sound across multiple mediums, and is home to the legendary Star Wars and Indiana Jones franchises.
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site