Freelance Producer/Editor - NBC Sports Washington
This position is responsible for producing, shooting and editing content for multiple platforms. The successful candidate will have a strong idea of what makes compelling content and have the ability to manage that content from the conceptual stage all the way through to the finished product.
To achieve that goal the candidate must have a strong visual story-telling background, be a very proficient camera operator and an experienced editor.
• Producing, shooting and editing multiplatform content
• Conceptualizes and design graphics, animations for content
• Supports Content teams with developing content for linear television, digital platforms and social media
• Supervises edit sessions with voiceover talent, executes music searches and determines appropriate cuts
• Conducts research for upcoming projects and other duties as assigned
• Bachelor's degree in Communications, Graphics Design, or related field
• Minimum of two (2) years of work experience with Adobe Premiere, Adobe After Effects, Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator
• This is a remote position, thus candidates must have their own computer and software. Hardware and software specifications must meet minimum requirements of Adobe Creative Suite – available in this link: https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/system-requirements.html
• Skilled with Sony FS7 gear, Panasonic GH5 SLR, DJI Phantom 4 Drone, Ronin Steady cam gear
• Willingness to travel and work overtime, and on weekends with short notice (if applicable)
• Must be able to provide a reel/portfolio of work examples -- if available, include a web address when you submit your resume (if applicable)
• Must be a U.S. resident and living within the United States
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be 18 years or older
• It is the policy of NBCUniversal and NBCUniversal' s affiliated businesses to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
• Experience with complex 3D animations working with Adobe CS and Cinema 4D
• experience in newsroom & strong editorial judgement if possible. Initiative and ability to make decisions on the fly is invaluable in this role
• Prior experience producing content in a newsroom environment is preferred, with emphasis on ability to see ideas through to completion in all aspects.
• Familiarity with Avid iNews is a plus
• Two (2) years of Producing/Camera/Editing experience
• Thorough knowledge of local and national sports
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site