Associate Producer, 60 Minutes
New York, NY
60 Minutes is seeking an Associate Producer with excellent research and reporting skills to work in support of a producer / correspondent team on the broadcast. The ideal candidate must have strong editorial judgment, good knowledge of news and current events, and a keen attention to detail. They should be creative, collaborative, enterprising, and have a track record of working on in-depth, complex investigations. The position is based in New York.
• Working with the producer to pitch and develop stories
• Participating in all aspects of editorial research and pre-production, including reporting stories, assembling research materials, finding interview subjects, conducting pre-interviews and assisting in writing interview questions
• Setting up shoots and interviews, including coordinating travel, logistics and schedules
• Researching, reviewing, and helping clear all archival and third-party material
• Assisting in the scripting process, as directed and when needed
• Fact-checking throughout the process; preparing a footnoted and checked final script before broadcast
Qualifications and Requirements include:
• Extensive journalism experience, including primary source reporting
• Ability to multi-task and work under deadline
• Willingness to travel, sometimes on weekends and/or extended periods of time
• Familiarity with public and private records databases, such as LexisNexis and Pacer
Original reporting and trusted news with content and perspective found nowhere else.