Santa Monica Studio
Los Angeles, CA US
We need you to bring your vision and passion to a team dedicated to reimagining music through immersive media. The Lighting Artist will play a key role in lighting and optimizing art assets for immersive media content creation.
• Collaborate with technical art and design teams to create high quality lighting for a wide range of environments and assets.
• Maintain consistent style throughout the overall experience.
• Create and implement pipelines for baked and dynamic lighting systems.
• Create and implement custom shaders.
• Optimize around the constraints of each target platform, within set budget restrictions.
• Create and maintain lighting guidelines and best practices documentation.
• Contribute innovative and original ideas towards all aspects of production and development.
• 3-5 years of professional experience, including a portfolio demonstrating technical expertise in a variety of real-time lighting techniques (baked, dynamic, etc.).
• Immaculate attention to detail, including ability to use light, shadow, and color for various types of tones and moods.
• Expert understanding of lighting, shading and composition.
• Advanced to expert knowledge of Unreal Engine 4, Blueprint system and text-based scripting languages.
• Proficiency with color grading and shader development
• Expert experience with current 3D tools such as 3DS Max, Maya, Blender or equivalent.
• A strong understanding of art fundamentals.
• Minimum 2 shipped AAA game titles with a focus on lighting.
• Strong artistic and aesthetic skills, principles and POV.
• Virtual reality and frame rate optimization experience.
• Passion for building fun, intuitive and interactive environments.
• Self-motivated with drive for excellence.
• Excellent written, verbal and team communication skills.
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site