Moving Picture Company
London, EN GB
MPC expands into Streaming and Episodic VFX with the launch of a specialist division, MPC Episodic. The division offers episodic directors and producers' access to the pioneering technology and world-class talent behind recent blockbusters such as; The Lion King, Godzilla: King of The Monsters, Detective Pikachu and the BAFTA award winning 1917.
Led by MD Tom Williams, Executive VFX Supervisor, Pete Jopling (The Bourne Legacy, Captain America: Civil War, Chernobyl),Head of Creative Gurel Mehmet (The Witcher, Avengers: Endgame, Inception) and Senior Producer Therese Zambra (Mars, Frontline) MPC Episodic is actively hiring the industry's top VFX talent, to work on some of the most exciting series visual effects work in the industry.
Our Editorial team serves as the key link between our clients, our in-house production teams, and the artists around the globe working on our film projects.
You will oversee ingestion/processing of incoming client material, management of the internal edits of the film's sequences and the running of various review sessions.
This is a role that will have you developing your skills and learning new experiences.
• Strong communication skills.
• Proven organizational experience.
• Understanding of Editing software such as Adobe Premiere, Avid Media Composer, and Davinci Resolve.
• A passion and willingness to learn.
Any of the following technical skills is a bonus:
• Experience with Linux.
• Experience with a variety of film and HD formats.
• Basic understanding of color science.
• Scripting knowledge such as command line usage or python.
Any of the following experience is a great advantage:
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent technical school certification in film editing or computer graphics, or equivalent work experience.
• Previous experience in an editorial environment, preferably in visual effects.
• Strong technical background.
The details above provide an outline of the key requirements for candidates to apply for a role in this department. At MPC Episodic we have a number of job classifications within our artist team structure. These are:
Based on your skills we will assess your suitability for a particular role during the application process.
This job application remains open even when we don't have roles available. If you would like to be considered, please apply and we will contact you as soon as we have an opening.