The Technical Solutions Developer will be working with digital artists (internal & external) and enterprise application engineers. With the rapid growth of the studio, this role will be responsible for providing solutions to automate processes, integrate 3rd party applications as platforms and develop tools for content creation. The Technical Solutions Developer will analyze artist's needs, design and develop tools or leverage existing technology with customized enhancements to provide a solution to support the growth of resource and global reach. The ideal person must have experience with programming in Python, and C developing tools using a variety of 3rd party software API's, and working in a production environment.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Establish detailed program specifications through discussions with users.
• Design, implement and iterate with users on tools and workflow that service multiple productions and leverage best practices.
• Collaborate closely with product management and engineering teams to stay aligned on product roadmaps across enterprise applications.
• Provide guidance to artists and Technical Directors on choosing technology solutions, designing friendly user experiences, and structuring data.
• Maintain and update existing near-term solutions until features are incorporated into enterprise applications.
• Developing plug-in or tools for artists working in multiple locations.
• 5 years experience in VFX and/or 3D feature animation shot production pipeline teams.
• Experience in transformative operations on a large scale
• Extensive experience in Python, C or an equivalent
• Familiar with 3rd party tools like Maya, Houdini, Nuke, Shotgun and their API's
• Able to work independently and drive results.
• Track record of success while working autonomously.