El Paso, TX US
Telemundo El Paso is currently looking for an individual with a comprehensive understanding of television news production, with an outstanding writing and verbal communications skills. Individual must also have knowledge of the Edius editing system, and camera operation.
• This individual will be responsible for shooting, writing and editing daily stories, as well as gather material to contribute building the rundown.
• Individual will also be responsible to assist in the production of the live broadcast.
• Responsibilities also include keeping up to date on current events and news in our state.
• The Multimedia Journalist will be expected to participate in community events and station activities from time to time a master of ceremonies and/or Host as requested by the station.
• Minimum 2 years of experience working in Spanish market broadcast television.
• Be informed on news events locally and nationally.
• Develop and maintain a network of contacts providing access to exclusive stories.
• Assist producer in establishing sources, finding and executing enterprise news investigations, building and maintaining strong list of story ideas.
• Ability to ad-lib and improvise effortlessly in various types of on air situations.
• Must work well under pressure with an ability to meet deadlines.
Bilingual (English/Spanish) required both written and verbal.
• A high level of skill and mastery of the Spanish language is essential.
• Candidate must work effectively with other in a team oriented environment.
• Independent problem solving & multi-tasking.
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV online to considered at nbcunicareers.com
• Excellent driving record.
• Minimum of 2 years of experience as a photojournalist
BS/BA in journalism/ Communications.
• Strong Spanish writing & verbal skills.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule.
• Must be willing to work in El Paso, TX.
• Must be willing to submit to a background investigation.
• Must be 18 years or older.
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
• The position requires traveling.