Sinclair Broadcast Group
This is your chance to be part of an amazing team and to support a Washington, D.C.-based national newscast as a National News Reporter. We are seeking ever-curious journalists who are able to tell stories either from angles that no one else has or enterprise pieces that engage and impact audiences on multiple platforms. Our goal is to offer audiences on multiple platforms something different. The kind of coverage they care about, the kind that impacts their lives – but that they cannot find anywhere else.
The position requires strong skills in journalism and leadership. We are seeking a dynamic personality to cover and develop stories for daily newscasts. Essential skills include the ability to conduct interviews with newsmakers and ad-lib during breaking news.
Our reporters participate in the planning of our shows and produce content regularly. A passion for winning is mandatory! Our candidate will be someone who embraces social media and knows how to consistently engage with the audience. Collaboration is a big part of this role!
Essential Duties and Requirements include the following:
• Exemplary verbal and written communication skills
• Energy and positivity
• Ability to execute during breaking news events and add context
• Ability to seek and find breaking news
• Expertise in producing breaking news content for audiences on multiple platforms
• Must be a team leader that works well with others
• Will work closely with a photojournalist
• A self-starter who can generate his or her own story ideas daily
• Ability to demonstrate enterprise reporting and creativity in story-telling
• Ability to work under deadline and on a flexible schedule is required
• Contribute story ideas to daily editorial meetings
• Conduct interviews when required via, phone, email, Skype, or other methods
• Participate in regular content planning meetings
• Post content on assigned digital platforms daily
• Some travel may be required
• Other duties as assigned
Qualifications- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
• Previous experience working in a team environment is a must
• At least five (5) years of reporting experience is required
• Considerable live shot experience is preferred
• Proven social media engagement necessary
This is not an entry-level position. If you have the required experience and skills, please apply online and include a link to your latest work.
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site