At BioWare, our mission is to create worlds of adventure, conflict, and companionship that inspire you to become the hero of your story. Our teams drive innovation using cutting-edge tech and tools such as the Frostbite engine and collaborate with thousands of world-class developers across EA's network of studios. We are passionate about games and their potential as a creative medium to reach and inspire people through emotion, artistry, and engaging storytelling. If you share this passion, this is an amazing opportunity to help shape the next generation of gaming.
What the LeadTechnical Artist will do at BioWare:
• Act as a leader for the technical animation on the team
• Help to define the vision and quality bar for technical animation on the team
• Work alongside concept artists character artists, animators, and other technical animators to produce industry-leading characters, creatures and mechanical props for BioWare
• Work with programmers and other technical animators to produce animation tools, rigging solutions and workflows for captured and hand-keyed animation
• Provide feedback in the form of reviews and at-desk conversations
• Prototype and implement procedural animation systems such as facial animation, destruction, cloth, and hair
• Debugging and support of animation systems and tools
• 6+ years of experience in the industry
• Experience leading small to medium teams to success
• Demonstrable understanding of animation principles, anatomy, and deformation
• Proficient with standard industry tools such as Autodesk Maya
• Experience with motion capture and retargeting
• Experience working with procedural rigging systems
• Experience with tools and plugin development (python and/or C++)
• Experience working closely with external art vendors
• Collaborative team player with strong cross-group communication skills
• Demonstrates dependability and commitment to projects/tasks
What's in it for you? Glad you asked!
We are proud of the great perks we offer like comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, pension with company match and, of course, free video games. And since we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games, we offer competitive compensation packages and a culture that thrives on creativity and individuality. Health, Dental, Financial offered (ESPP and RRSP matching); Bonus and relocation assistance also offered.