Production Engineer - Images
Position at Industrial Light & Magic
This posting is an opportunity to submit your resume for future consideration; this is not a role that is open at this time. We anticipate this role may be open in the future, but we are not actively hiring for the position. If you would like to be considered for this potential role, please submit your resume. If the role becomes available, you may receive an email or call from a recruiter.
ILM opened its Sydney studio in 2019. The youngest of all of the ILM studios, the Sydney studio leverages the expertise and technological know-how developed over 40 years at Industrial Light & Magic combined with the top artists and technicians in the region. Knowledge and culture flow freely between the company’s five studios and the global team shares tools and workflow allowing for seamless collaboration on all shared projects.
As we grow ILM Sydney, we are seeking a variety of talent to join the team and be a part of this exciting opportunity.
The Desktop Support Specialist provides high-performance operations support in a startup user environment. The position focuses on troubleshoot, research, diagnose, document, and resolve technical issues surrounding Windows, SCCM, Centos Linux, MAC OSX, MS Office, e-mail, Internet connections, and hardware/peripherals IT systems and support their users in an efficient, professional, courteous, and prompt manner.
• Efficient installation and configuration of software as well as troubleshoot and repair of malfunctioning software in a Linux and Windows environment.
• Manage end user expectations and systems issues using technical and client service skills.
• Manage the fundamentals of IT security protocol (account administration, etc.)
• In association with Production Engineers, install and configure software as well as troubleshoot and repair malfunctioning software in the PC environment.
• Administer mail systems, system installation and configuration, printing systems, installation of third-party software.
• Setup and upgrade computer systems in a networked environment with minimum end user interruption.
• Properly integrate devices such as printers, scanners, and digitizing tablets with Linux, Macintosh and Windows systems.
• Proactively analyze existing processes, identify areas for improvement and propose achievable solutions.
• Actively participate in ongoing process creation, improvement discussions and projects in both an individual and group setting.
• Manage break-fix expectations with staff and effectively communicate changes accordingly.
• Research and recommend hardware and software solutions as needed.
• Troubleshoot and repair, or arrange for repair of defective computer equipment.
• Effectively communicate status of issues and projects in progress to concerned parties on a timely basis.
• Identify and recommend solutions to technical issues as needed.
• Document and communicate system support issues with end users, IT staff, and management.
• Perform special projects as needed.
Education / Experience
• 2-4 years of desktop support experience in a fast-paced production environment.
Required Skills / Competencies
• Excellent understanding of technology and the role of the client in relation to the larger IT infrastructure.
• Strong skills in Linux operating systems (CentOS primarily). Command line experience required. Remote management and scripting experience helpful.
• Windows 7 or 10 operating systems experience a plus.
• Experience supporting 3D artists and software developers or working in a creative environment is a plus.
• Able to communicate in a professional and friendly manner with co-workers
• Excellent technical, verbal and written skills.
• Self-starter, energetic, strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize workload.
• Team player that strives to maximize team/department performance.
• Detail-oriented and be able to handle a variety of tasks in an efficient manner.
• Able to manage time effectively, triage and prioritize based on production needs.
• Able to lift 22KGs on a regular basis.
• Must be willing to participate in a rotating on-call schedule.
Lucasfilm is among the world’s leading entertainment service companies, a pioneer in visual effects and sound across multiple mediums, and is home to the legendary Star Wars and Indiana Jones franchises.
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site