Sales Account Executive
Sioux Falls, SD
The General Sales Manager oversees all aspects of the Sales Department, including staff management, advertising inventory throughout all channels, revenue goal setting and achievement, and budgeting. If you like being on a winning team and working with happy, enthusiastic over-achievers, you will enjoy your career with us.
• Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
• Provides leadership for the broadcast/web sales teams
• Makes decisions regarding hiring, evaluation, promotion, and termination of employees
• Develops and executes sales strategies which result in exceeding revenue targets in local, national, eMedia and new product revenue
• Drives new business development
• Manages inventory and revenue forecasting
• Manages recruitment and development of talented sales professionals
• Prepares budgets and approves budget expenditures
• Plans and directs staffing, training, and performance evaluations to develop and control sales and service programs
• Determines inventory, pricing, and discount rates
• Directs the Accounts Receivable efforts of the Sales Department
• Performs other duties as assigned Requirements & Skills
• Specialized Knowledge/Skills/Abilities:
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
• Minimum five years' experience in media sales
• Experience guiding, directing, and motivating subordinates, including setting performance standards and monitoring performance
• Experience establishing long-range objectives and specifying the strategies and actions to achieve them
• Ability to identify the developmental needs of others and to coach, mentor or otherwise help others to improve their knowledge or skills
• Knowledge of television and digital advertising tools to advise advertisers on the effective use of marketing solutions
• Knowledge of Comscore and Nielsen ratings
• Education/Experience: Bachelor's degree in Business Management, Marketing, Advertising or Mass Communications, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience
Training/Equipment: Strong MS Office skills including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint required. Experience with Matrix, Google 360, WideOrbit, Power BI and office equipment a plus.
Work Environment/Mental/Physical Requirements: A valid driver's license, state mandated automobile insurance and an acceptable driving record are also required. Background check is required.
NOTE: This job description contains the basic requirements for the position and is NOT intended to be a complete list of responsibilities; other duties may be assigned.
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site