Full Time Job
Sr. Content Acquisition Manager - IMDB TV
- Full Time
Are you interested in shaping the future of movies and television? Do you want to define the next generation of how and what Amazon customers are watching? The Content and Programming team for IMDb TV is shaping the future of digital video entertainment. Our mission is to build earth's most customer-centric premium ad-supported video service, free and convenient for hundreds of millions of customers to enjoy. We're just getting started changing the way millions of people enjoy content and we need your passion, innovative ideas, and creativity to help take us to new heights. We are seeking a UK-based Senior Content Acquisition Manager who can help define our future as we expand into the EU market. We are looking for an analytical, and strategic person with a passion for TV and movies who thrives in a highly collaborative environment, but is also comfortable working autonomously.
• Drive and execute the content acquisition strategy for IMDb TV using customer behaviour, usage and consumption data to inform decision-making
• Develop and document acquisition plans, financial metrics and goals for senior management
• Build and manage relationships with senior-level leaders at studios, channel groups and more niche video media organizations
• Drive continuous improvement in all operational aspects of Amazon's relationship with its digital content suppliers
• Manage all aspects of content selection, negotiation, financial analysis, forecasting, and technical requirements
• Work with in-house and external legal counsels
• Collaborate with internal teams across all functional areas within IMDb TV
This position will be located in London, England (UK).
• Experience in an account management, licensing or business development role
• Experience using Tableau and Excel
• Experience with SQL
• Multiple years of experience in a high volume account management, licensing or business development role
• Advanced analytical and quantitative skills (Excel, tableau, SQL and/or similar tools), as well as the ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
• Knowledge of the digital video landscape
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills, to work effectively with internal and external stakeholders
• Previous experience of full lifecycle project management
• A passion for film and television
• MBA or equivalent
• Previous experience in consulting
• Solid understanding of digital video distribution technologies
• Experience in the US, UK and other global markets and territories
• Contacts and relationships across the video media industry
• Ability to work with and influence peer teams internationally
• Ability to understand product and technical requirements and interface with Product/Technology teams.
• Entrepreneurial drive/initiative
• Deep knowledge of the TV and digital video market
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
All offers are conditional on references, verification of the right to work in the UK, and a successful background screening check. This check will include previous employment verification, qualification verification (if relevant) and a basic criminal check. Further details of this policy and procedure will be sent to you along with your conditional offer.
Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.