Multi Media Journalist
• Reports news stories for broadcast, describing the background and details of events.
• Arranges interviews with people who can provide information about stories.
• Reviews copy and corrects errors in content, grammar and punctuation, following prescribed editorial style and formatting guidelines.
• Reviews and evaluates notes taken about event aspects in order to isolate pertinent facts and details.
• Determines a story's emphasis, length and format, and organizes material accordingly.
• Researches and analyzes background information related to news stories in order to be able to provide complete and accurate information.
• Gathers information about events through research, interviews, experience or attendance at political, news, sports, artistic, social or other functions.
• Pitches stories to news managers and news producers which are relevant to the local community.
• Receives assignments and evaluates leads and tips to develop story ideas.
• Discusses issues with producers and/or news managers to establish priorities or positions.
• Checks reference materials such as books, news files or public records to obtain relevant facts.
• Revises work to meet editorial approval or to fit time requirements.
• Shoots and edits news events and news reports.
• Produces and presents reports for all platforms.
• Ensures that all content meets company standards for journalistic integrity and production quality.
• Writes stories for the web and other E-Media platforms.
• Interacts with viewers/users on social media sites.
• Performs special projects and other duties as assigned.
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
The Multimedia Journalist must be able to sit, conduct telephone conversations, use electronic mail, write letters and memos, conduct face-to-face discussions with individuals or groups, make decisions without supervision, make decisions that impact the results of co-workers, work in close proximity to others, work outdoors occasionally in all weather conditions, and work indoors in environmentally controlled conditions. In addition, the Multimedia Journalist must be able to lift, set up and operate equipment weighing up to 25 pounds, and be able to handle, control or feel objects, tools or controls. Repetitive movements are required. Work may be conducted in extremely bright or inadequate lighting conditions.
Please send resume, references, salary requirements, and links to: Dean L. Wetherbee, News Director, KWKT-TV, 8803 Woodway Dr., Woodway, TX, 76712, firstname.lastname@example.org, or apply online at nexstar.tv/careers. No phone calls please.
Nexstar Media Group is America’s largest local television and media company with 196 full power stations (including partner stations) in 114 markets addressing nearly 63% of US television households and a growing digital media operation.
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site