Consumer Marketing Director
London, United Kingdom
Activision Blizzard plays a centralized role in the creation of epic entertainment by supporting our interactive gaming brands and studios with a diverse range of career opportunities across corporate functions such as Marketing, Communications, Legal, Human Resources, Finance and Supply Chain.
This role will be based in the UK, at our Soho Office or Ditton Park Office. Our Soho office is in the cultural heart of London's West End with a vast array of classic record shop and leading film companies, media offices and great restaurants. Regent's Park is close enough for a lunchtime run, as are the delights of Piccadilly Circus and the shopping mecca of Oxford Street. It is conveniently just walking distance from a number of London tube stations and mainline train stations.
Our office in Ditton Park is our Campus, set in 200 acres of landscaped parkland, it houses a number of great amenities as well as great transport links. The Amenities here are: tennis courts, an onsite gym, full restaurant style canteen and café. It is conveniently close to Junction 5 of the M4 giving a direct links to central London, the M25 and Heathrow airport.
To learn more, check us out at www.activisionblizzard.com or on Twitter at @ATVI_AB.
As a Consumer Marketing Director you will be responsible for leading and establishing the strategic development of marketing campaigns across Activision & Blizzard Titles for EMEA. You will set the Consumer Marketing strategy, representing the voice of the gamer in our Marketing agenda for EMEA.
You will be a natural storyteller with sharp creative instincts and demonstrated success launching integrated marketing campaigns and initiatives, and communicating them across multiple audiences. You will be an inspiring leader who thrives in an energetic team environment, and who has the ability to motivate and lead your multidisciplined teams to achieve their goals.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
• Lead three core teams to support marquee asset development and transcreation, creative production resource and events strategy and planning.
• As the leader of 'Campaign Management' that responsibility for owning the relationship with Global Consumer Marketing Leads across A + B on all creative campaign development from both a strategic and executional perspective.
• As the leader of 'Production Services' ensure internal resource is optimized to support transcreation across all marketing assets (except Packaging/POS).
• As the leader of 'Events' ensure delivery of both strategy and execution for all Centrally organized events for PR, Consumer Engagement and Internal; whilst ensuring framework and support for local events where relevant.
• Own relationships with both internal and external Partners for resourcing to support asset transcreation and event production.
• Responsible for budget setting and management.
This role is a director level position where you will thrive on a can-do attitude, not afraid to get completely involved in a working environment that will empower you to create new ideas and encourage you to think outside the box all whilst sharing in some great company benefits and initiatives.
In addition you will have:
• A Degree level Education (preferred) relevant to the experience required for the role.
• 10+ years experience of brand marketing preferably within the gaming sector
• Experience leading brand portfolios, including development and execution of portfolio strategies and plans
• Strong business acumen and proven strategic, analytical and creative abilities
• Demonstrated experience of developing and executing insight-driven integrated marketing campaigns that drove quantitive results at a local or global level
• Clear self-motivation with a history of exceeding high performance standards
• Ability to build productive relationships by using your excellent written and verbal English skills along with strong stakeholder management skills
• Additional EU language (preferred)
• Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information appropriately
• Demonstrable experience in self-prioritizing of work and appropriately responses to urgent matters.
• A willingness to travel should it be required in role.
• You will be a confident, proactive and approachable personality that oozes team spirit with the added extra of being a go-getter, ambitious and tenacious in nature who can work autonomously when required all with a great sense of humor.
• Finally a passion for gaming and entertainment is an absolute must.
Activision is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability
Activision Blizzard, Inc. is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment.