Senior Rigging Artist
Are you a Senior Character FX Artist who has a high level of shot production experience, with the ability to complete difficult shots at a high quality with minimal support?
What you'll get to do:
• Develop or lead the development of technical solutions that will enable the creative requirements of a sequence.
• Deliver complex shots to the highest standard.
• Create your own setups for simulation and deformation.
• Assist with the development of prototypes/examples that clearly demonstrate the creative requirements of the production and dissemination of workflows based on these examples.
• Mentor and advise character FX artists and leads in technical aspects of their role.
• Work with the other character FX leads to develop a common approach to character requirements including both tools and procedures.
• Articulate character FX requirements to the Character FX Supervisor, Animation Supervisor, R&D and TDs to enable them to develop tools to support the agreed approach.
• Identify areas of inefficiency within the groups' workflow and work with the Character FX Supervisor to rectify.
• Identify and contribute to group and department pipeline updates.
• Ensure common practices within the group are maintained and adhered to.
What you bring:
• Experience in developing and testing Char FX toolsets.
• Strong understanding of Houdini.
• Experience with cloth, fur and feather tools.
• Strong scripting and/or programming experience.
• Proven ability in high end FX & character FX work.
• Excellence in problem solving and balancing quick turnaround with long term quality.
• Must be able to work with and manage a wide range of personality types within a team.
• Must possess strong communication skills and be able to efficiently organise and prioritise the work of a team across multiple both technically and creatively.
• Muscle and skin simulation experience a plus.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Exceptional attention to detail.
Animal Logic is one of the world's most accomplished digital studios producing award winning, ground breaking and trail blazing animation, visual effects and design.
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site