Las Vegas, NV
Join the exciting world of television and digital media with the nation's largest television operator, Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. KLAS-TV, the CBS affiliate in Las Vegas, Nevada is seeking an experienced Anchor/Reporter to anchor our new and upcoming 4P one-hour newscast and report for the 11P newscast. The ideal and successful candidate will excel at engaging with audiences on all platforms and perform in a deadline driven fast-paced environment. As the Anchor/Reporter for 8 NewsNow you will have a proven passion of outstanding news judgment and bring energy and confidence to the news desk.
This Anchor/Reporter position will start in August 2020 working Monday through Friday, including some community events and appearances.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Anchor regularly scheduled newscasts.
• Fill-in anchoring other newscasts as needed.
• Proven newsroom leader and team player.
• Write and produce daily news stories including VO's, VO/SOT's and packages that will air in our daily newscasts.
• Generate and setup enterprise news stories daily – evaluate news leads and tips to develop story ideas.
• Establish and maintain news contacts in the community.
• Report live in the field, on set or in newsroom as directed.
• Enterprise special reports.
• Supervise the editing of news packages.
• Engages and follows various social media platforms to provide daily updates and news stories to the public.
• Must be willing and able to work any and all shifts, including weekends, holidays and be on call based on the needs of the business.
• Engage in the community with public appearances.
• Other duties as assigned.
Requirements & Skills:
• Bachelor's degree in Communication/Journalism or related degree required (equivalent years of experience may substitute for education)
• Minimum of 2 plus years of television anchoring or reporting experience a must
• Solid vocal delivery, camera presence, and clear enunciation
• Strong reporting skills
• Required to post digital/social media content
• Excellent reading, writing, spelling, grammar and organizational skills
• Operate newsroom computer systems
• Promotes teamwork and maintains attitude of cooperation with all station personnel
• Must be willing and able to work any and all shifts, including nights, weekends, holidays and on call as needed
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
The News Anchor/Reporter must be able to sit, conduct telephone conversations, use electronic mail, write letters and memos, conduct face-to-face discussions with individuals or groups, make decisions without supervision, work near others, work outdoors occasionally in all weather conditions, and work indoors in environmentally controlled conditions. In addition, the News Anchor/Reporter must be able to lift, set up and operate equipment weighing up to 25 pounds, and be able to handle, control or feel objects, tools or controls. Repetitive movements are required. Work may be conducted in extremely bright or inadequate lighting conditions.
EEO Statement: Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Nexstar Media Group is America’s largest local television and media company with 196 full power stations (including partner stations) in 114 markets addressing nearly 63% of US television households and a growing digital media operation.
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site