Pasadena, CA US
***Must have recently shipped a game***
Industrial Toys is a AAA mobile developer founded by Halo veteran Alex Seropian. Our mission is to make games that are Mobile To The Core! We are currently working to bring cutting edge FPS gaming to your phone. If you're interested in working with veteran mobile, console, and PC developers in creating new AAA experiences to reach billions of mobile players around the world we would like to hear from you
A Development Director manages a variety of disciplines including software engineers, artists, and designers. DD's are the keepers of the project schedule and play an important role in successfully moving the development team from one milestone to the next while ensuring a focus on quality, collaboration and communication. You must partner closely with producers, designers, engineers, and artists to ensure that they are managing the project on time, to quality, and within budget for our client teams we work with. This Development Director will report to the Lead Development Director.
• Responsible for multiple teams within Industrial Toys
• Maintain studio's established scrum ceremonies and handle all prep-work to make those ceremonies successful.
• Ensure teams are working towards established sprint priorities and supporting the studio's strategic goals.
• Work collaboratively with Producers to establish backlog priorities.
• Anticipate risks, identify mitigation strategies, and communicate both across the studio.
• Coordinate efforts with external teams in the greater EA organization.
• Provide long-term forecasts for development and build team roadmaps.
• Ensure that team commitments are delivered on time and at the required quality level.
• Ensure that teams are operating in a manner consistent with established protocols.
• Educate teams in the what/how/why's of scrum, agile, Jira, and Confluence.
• Coach junior project managers.
• Ensure Jira and Confluence are up-to-date and reflect the current status of the project.
• Report project metrics to the Lead Development Director.
• Identify areas where the current process is not optimal and recommend improvements.
• Lead scrum teams with cultures of trust and collaboration.
• Communicate and track cross-team requirements.
• Quickly and effectively identify and resolve conflict..
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
• 5+ years project management experience, including 1-3 shipped titles in a project management role.
• Experience managing teams in a scrum/agile context
• High emotional intelligence
• Strong mediation and conflict resolution skills
• Deep knowledge of Jira, Confluence, and the G-Suite
Enjoy EA Industrial Toys studio benefits of
• Spacious 19,000sqft 10th floor office with amazing views of the San Gabriel mountains, all of Pasadena, and Los Angeles (on a clear day)
• Weekly Happy Hours
• A large game room with two classic multi-arcade machines, an Xbox, PS4, and Nintendo Switch
• Dedicate PC gaming stations for competitive analysis (and fun)
• Fully functional kitchen with snacks, drinks, nitro brew coffee, and oven for fresh cookies!
• Weekly free bagels and donuts
• Ping-pong table
• Custom made cornhole game by Alex Seropian
• Complimentary parking in adjacent structure
• EVC charging
• Motorized sit stand desks
• Live plants!