San Francisco, CA US
This posting is an opportunity to submit your resume for future consideration; this is not a role that is open at this time. We anticipate this role may be open in the future, but we are not actively hiring for the position. If you would like to be considered for this potential role, please submit your resume & portfolio. If the role becomes available, you may receive an email or call from a recruiter.
The Production Assistant provides overall administrative support for the Lucasfilm Animation Design department.
• Provides production support to the Design team – Art Director, Supervising Director, Designers, and Associate Production Manager.
• Acts as administrative and back-up support to the production team to ensure all production events are run smoothly and executed efficiently.
• Schedules and organizes meetings for various departments.
• Researches and gathers materials and information necessary for the preparation and execution of production, such as preparing all paperwork and setup required for turnovers and kickoffs both internally and overseas.
• Types meeting notes, memos, documents and schedules as required.
• Assists with uploads and downloads of media.
• Prepares routine correspondence and forms. Packages, ships, and tracks electronic files and deliverables as necessary.
• Assists with food service and catering set up.
• Completes special projects as needed or requested.
• 1-2 years of experience in Production minimum, preferably in Animation.
• Requires excellent administrative skills, including word processing, strong working knowledge of Word, Excel and Outlook. Project Management software experience preferred.
• Capable of working independently and as part of a team. High level of initiative, flexibility and confidentiality.
• Strong attention to detail, time management, and follow up/follow through skills required.
• Ability to establish priorities and multi-task efficiently within a high-pressure, fast paced environment while meeting strict deadlines. Ability to work in a start-up environment that has a certain degree of ambiguity.
• Bachelor's Degree in film, art, communications or related field preferred.
Lucasfilm is a global leader in film, television and digital entertainment production. In addition to its motion-picture and television production, the company's activities include visual effects, audio post-production and cutting-edge digital animation, interactive entertainment software, and the management of the global merchandising activities for its entertainment properties including the legendary STAR WARS and INDIANA JONES franchises. Lucasfilm Ltd. is headquartered in northern California.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.