Production Service Technician - Editorial
Los Angeles, CA US
This is an exciting time in the production, post-production, and content-creation spaces. We are entering a period of technology-driven disruption that hasn't been seen in 25+ years since the introduction of non-linear editing. We are creating a culture where the team is encouraged to be self-starters who continually strive to be better and learn more while having fun. A culture where team members are not afraid to fail or try new things because that is the quickest path to innovation. Endless curiosity about how things work and a strong understanding of what ''customer service'' actually means are valued traits. A solid understanding of production and post-production processes, broadcast technology, IT, and agile methodologies is a must-have, along with a sense of humor.
Fox Entertainment is looking for Online/Finishing Editor to join the Production and Post-Production Technology group on a freelance basis. You will fill a critical role in helping to tell stories with our producer teams within Fox Entertainment and work on our in-house promotional content. We're looking for colorists who are strong in either VFX, Compositing, Design, or Motion Graphics (or a mix of all of the above). If you've been working in commercials, feature films, or music videos and have the ability to create great work while juggling multiple projects, then you'll be a great fit here with us.
This role is responsible for delivering a high-quality viewer experience to millions of viewers across FOX networks, digital platforms, mobile applications, websites, and licensing partnerships. In short, we bring great FOX content to YOU!
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
• Perform finishing of final projects prior to delivery using strong Color, VFX, Compositing, Design, or Motion Graphics skills
• Offer creative input in a fast-paced environment with quick turnaround times for an On-Air Promotional environment
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• Requires the ability to work a variety of shifts (days, nights, or weekends)
• Minimum 8 years' experience of Conform, Compositing, and Mastering for advanced VFX projects in TV, commercials, finishing and promotional VFX work
• Primary proficiency in Autodesk Flame
• Experience with DaVinci Resolve and Avid Symphony is desired
• Excellent understanding of techniques and technologies related to CG, compositing, and color pipelines
• Strong problem-solving and organizational skills
• Pro-active and an excellent communicator