New York, NY US
Meet Peacock, NBCUniversal's new, wildly entertaining streaming service that combines timeless shows and movies with timely news, sports and pop-culture.
We're growing our team of smart, hungry, and upbeat doers who crave the chance to build something new at the epicenter of content, tech, and culture. We need fearless leaders and pop-culture fiends who work hard and fan hard. Creative problem-solvers who just so happen to be the reigning champs at Parks & Rec trivia night. So, if this sounds like you, join our flock. And we promise, we won't put your stapler in Jell-O.
*PLEASE NOTE: this is not your typical Mon-Fri job as it supports weekend coverage on a regular basis. If this sounds like your cup of birdseed, read on!*
NBCUniversal is hiring a Video Editorial Associate to join a dynamic new team responsible for the Direct to Consumer business. We're looking for a process-minded candidate with an eye for detail and the creative problem-solving skills to take on any video publishing challenge with which they're faced.
You'll help service our growing portfolio of programs; maintaining the steady flow of assets through the mission critical video supply chain to ensure thousands of on demand long form full episodes and short form highlights are successfully acquired, provisioned and published to our subscribers on a 24/7 basis.
We'll rely on you to prioritize incoming content requests against mission critical promotional and editorial requirements. Your commitment to precise program availability will play an instrumental role in our success within the competitive, rapidly evolving digital marketplace.
• Provide Thu-Mon coverage support for Peacock's on demand video fulfillment supply chain
• Maintain media acquisition protocols; partnering with show post teams, TV Distribution, and other content providers on agreed milestones, deliverables, and accountability
• Uphold content prep standards and video encoding requirements; driving efficiencies and readiness to both upstream and downstream publishing workflows
• Service publishing guidelines and protocols for on demand video; working to continuously improve delivery timelines to approved distribution outlets under strict deadlines and SLAs
• Ensure consistency of delivery and publishing cadences; supporting changes as needed while adhering to syndication guidelines, compliance mandates, and marketing/promotional obligations
• Audit content availability and entitlement windowing processes; proactively addressing all anomalies with licensing teams prior to content syndication
• Reconcile and/or address user stories, process maps, workflow diagrams, and standard operating procedures as needed
• Bachelor's degree in Digital Media, Communications, Computer Science or equivalent work experience
• Minimum 1 year of experience with:
o digital video file formats, encoding specifications, streaming technologies, publishing workflows and troubleshooting techniques
o content management systems trafficking high volume, time sensitive media assets for multi-platform syndication
o with non-linear editing systems and Adobe creative suite
• Experience with data transfer protocols, workflows and methods; Aspera, Signiant, etc.
• Familiarity with OVP services such as Anvato, thePlatform, Brightcove, and Kaltura
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV online to be considered
• Must be willing to work weekends
• Must be willing to work overnight, extended hours or holidays as needed
• Must be willing to submit to a background investigation
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Ability to work in Universal City, Los Angeles County, California
• Television entertainment industry experience preferred
• Excellent and effective communication & collaboration skills
• Ability to distill highly technical terminology into basic requirements & concepts
• Proactive problem solver with the ability to prioritize and concurrently handle multiple, time sensitive requests within a high-pressure environment
• Familiarity with social media platforms and services such as Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, and Instagram
• Familiarity with ad serving platforms such as Freewheel, DFP, etc. as well as DAI
• Exposure to project management methodologies and systems such as Agile, Scrum or Jira, Trello, Asana, Smartsheet
• Experience working with Drupal open source CMS
• Understanding of traditional TV in comparison to emerging OTT services
• Familiarity with data insights and metrics tracking tools Domo, Adobe SiteCatalyst, and Google Analytics
• Project Management certification (PMP, PMI, etc.)