Senior Program Manager
Sony Interactive Entertainment
San Mateo, CA US
Data Analyst - Consumer Experience
San Mateo, CA What You Will Be Doing:
Data is central to PlayStation's decision-making process, and analysts are essential to driving data driven decisions throughout the organization.
Do you have a passion for data and deriving insights from large datasets?
As a Data Analyst, you will be working in a dynamic environment within the global Consumer Experience team where you will be leading the way for high quality, high velocity decisions for the team in a global environment!
• Evangelize data knowledge and insights: handle communications with your partners and other teams both locally and globally, collaborate with both technical and non-technical colleagues to complete data projects and ensure all parties can use the insights to further improve
• Maintain a customer-centric focus: strive to be a domain and product expert through data, develop trust among your peers and partners, and ensure that your team has access to data to make decisions
• Prioritize and execute in the face of ambiguity: work with partners and mentors to distill the problem, adapt your tools to answer complicated questions, and identify the trade-offs between speed and quality of different approaches
• Create analytical frameworks to measure team success: partner with cross-functional teams to define success metrics, create approaches to track the data and resolve errors, quantify and evaluate the data, then develop a common language for all colleagues to understand these critical metrics
• Operationalize data processes - provide the team with ad-hoc analysis, automated dashboards, and self-service reporting tools so that everyone gets a good sense of the state of the business
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
• 5 to 7+ years experience in analytics/data science roles
• Experience in managing partners and distilling complex requirements into analytical solutions
• Solid understanding of statistical analysis and experimentation, and capacity to drive conclusions from the analysis
• Ability to work across disparate data sources to obtain sensible results
• Bachelors or Master's degree in quantitative discipline (Economics, Finance, Statistics, Engineering, Computer Science or MBA with emphasis in analytics)
• 4+ years analyzing large multi-dimensional data sets using data/statistical tools such as R, Python, SAS, SPSS and Excel.
• Experience utilizing tools like Tableau, HighCharts, Qlikview
• Linux skills (shell scripting, Java, PHP, etc.)
• A strong passion for data, charts, analysis, trends, and evangelizing data usage
• Ability to draw conclusions from data and provide recommendations
• Experience working and communicating within a global context
• Experience with Salesforce Marketing and Service Cloud technologies
• Data modeling skills with the ability to understand, create, and maintain data models
• Presentation skills including creating Keynote/PowerPoint presentations