The Coordinator, VFX supports the Senior Manager, VFX and team across a variety of duties including - tracking post production and VFX and supporting software initiatives to streamline efficiency across vertical activities - such as content delivery, post production & VFX planning, talent acquisition, etc.
A successful candidate will be self-motivated, proactive, quick-thinking, flexible, able to pivot when necessary, thorough and able to juggle multiple and diverse responsibilities with a strong emphasis on organization and an unwavering attention to detail at all times. This is a demanding and fast moving position that requires someone who is a proactive and positive thinker, effective communication and able to exercise good judgment and initiative.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Provide assistance as needed with all aspects of post-production and VFX and across content verticals from pre-production through delivery.
• Facilitate evolution of post production and VFX tracking software and internal systems such as Origin Story. Manage enhancement requests as needed.
• Provide research to support efforts to create better alignment between verticals.
• Liaise between vendors, crew, internal teams to improve cross vertical information flow.
• Facilitate bridging between Los Gatos technology team, LA based post-production and VFX team, and external crew to encourage optimal functionality of content hub delivery process across verticals.
• Track and manage post schedules, keeping stakeholders apprised of status.
• College degree preferred or additional production certificate programs. 3 years of experience within a medium to high budget studio, network or high volume production company.
• Ability to handle a fast paced environment supervising several projects in various points of production (from development through delivery).
• Strong organizational skills with proactive mentality and a strong problem solver.
• Familiarity with production and post software such as Shotgun, Pix, as well as newer cloud platforms such as Box, FileTrack, Scenechronize.
• Knowledge of digital audio and video file formats.
• Working knowledge of outside vendors including labs and DI facilities.
• Highly organized, efficient and detail oriented.
• Comfortable with a fast pace and constant change.
• Ability to respond after hours for important, timely or urgent matters.
• Team-player who operates in a fast paced team-oriented setting.
• Passionate about our culture and values in the workplace.