Researcher, Today Digital
New York, NY US
Our Marketing, Distribution & Operations team within the CBS Digital Media group is charged with global distribution, marketing, and monetization of premium ViacomCBS content across our direct-to-consumer subscription service, CBS All Access, and across the spectrum of digital partnerships and business models we manage worldwide.
We are a diverse and agile group that works in an exciting and fast-paced environment, working cross-functionally across different departments and partnering with multiple technology/distribution partners to ensure that we deliver and market CBS content to consumers, however and wherever they want to consume it.
The Vice President, Project Management is seeking a dynamic, highly-experienced project manager to join the Marketing, Distribution & Operations team. The VP of Project Management of Marketing, Distribution & Operations will closely partner with video operations, marketing, creative, business development, data insights group, content strategy, legal, program management & PMO, and other departments to provide end-to-end project management across cross-functional projects supporting the distribution, marketing and tracking of content across CBS All Access and our distribution partners. The ideal candidate is a detail-oriented go-getter who doesn't shy away from constantly changing challenges, and collaborates with internal teams to design, develop, and implement multi-faceted projects on time, highlight potential risks or blockers, act proactively to resolve issues, and ensure quality standards and deadlines are met across the various touchpoints of these large projects.
• Lead efforts (in close partnership with PMO/program management leads where appropriate) across disciplines to facilitate, track, and monitor programs, project roadmaps/scope that support the distribution and marketing of content across CBS All Access and its distribution partners across functions that include, but are not limited to, content operations, marketing, creative, data measurement and tracking, and more
• Responsible for the ongoing oversight and outcome of large-scale projects and its processes
• Define and adjust processes to meet project/business needs and look for ways to improve processes while coaching teams to do the same
• Problem-solving project issues; assisting teams in resolution and successfully leading large teams to develop risk mitigation plans
• Working with team leads/stakeholders to understand business needs and helping identify and solving staffing-mix issues to meet business goals
• Conduct regular quality control and reporting on the status of cross-functional projects across various touchpoints
• Ensure internal stakeholders are kept apprised of project status
• Develop and articulate compelling decks and lead trainings
• Enforce team compliance to high company standards and professionalism
• Bring a passion for innovation, drive efficiency, and partner with others to develop requirements and project manage those solutions through to successful implementations.
• Partner effectively with multiple operations, marketing, creative, data measurement & tracking, program management & PMO, legal and business development teams to ensure we stay invested towards improved efficiencies across managing projects in support of global growth plans for distribution of content through CBS All Access and its distributors worldwide
• This role will require the understanding of what role each team and their systems play across functions supporting CBS All Access's distribution value chain
• Develop support documentation, including risk logs and requirement specifications
• Documenting, troubleshooting (with appropriate teams), and escalating issues - ultimately driving to resolution through collaboration of internal or external partners
What you bring to the team:
You have -
• 7+ years project management experience in a large scale digital and/or global content/distribution organization or media/entertainment environment
• Experience coordinating across global cross-functional teams (video/content operations, marketing, data, measurement and tracking, design, technical, localization) and launching large-scale global multi-disciplinary projects
• Extensive experience with task management tools like Jira, Asana or @Task with a knack for understanding video publishing tools and other technical concepts; and strong digital asset management background with attention to detail
• Strong influencing skills and experience working with senior decision makers; effectively able to communicate to a global audience and to manage upward
• Comfortable working in a rapidly changing environment where ambiguity and short turnaround schedules are the norm, and flexible and able to react professionally and efficiently to changes in schedules or project direction without sacrificing quality
• Exhibits a high degree of ownership and accountability with demonstrated success in managing multiple projects, priorities and people concurrently
• Experience building and leading a team of several direct reports across emerging business models
• Strong ability to effectively manage difficult decisions and conflicting points of view
• Commitment to identifying and communicating innovative ideas to improve processes and performance. Ability to stay current with the latest processes and business strategies and models
• Gathering critical information from meetings with various stakeholders and producing useful reports
You might also have -
• Experience with CMS Content Publishing and understanding of content supply chain and content publishing processes
• Experience working with both Agile and Waterfall development methodologies. Certified ScrumMaster certification is a plus.
• Experience working with web and mobile technologies and data tools (MongoDB, Hadoop, Tableau, XML, HTML, mobile development, APis)
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site