Coordinator, UMG eCommerce & Label Services
Universal Music Group
New York, NY US
We currently have a fantastic opportunity to join our innovative and highly sought-after team at Elektra Music Group
Position: Assistant, Elektra Records
A little bit about our team:
Elektra Music Group was launched in 2018 as a stand-alone music company within Warner Music Group. Its roots extend back to 1950, when Jac Holzman launched the iconic Elektra label in his college dorm room. Today, that same entrepreneurial, independent spirit is the driving force behind each of the unique labels that make up the core of the Elektra Music Group: Elektra, Fueled By Ramen, and Roadrunner. The company's adventurous, eclectic roster includes culture-defining artists such as Brandi Carlile, Coheed and Cambria, Fitz and the Tantrums, Gojira, Kaleo, Korn, Panic! At The Disco, Paramore, Slipknot, Tones and I, Twenty One Pilots, and others.
Why this could be your next big break:
• You would be directly supporting executive at the company working in various sectors of the company with an emphasis in A&R, marketing, and more. Providing administrative and creative support to our different departments at Elektra.
Here you'll get to:
• Provide all levels of support including phones, scheduling, expense reports, artist meetings, travel, studio bookings, and more
• Calendaring and scheduling for team/executives, including meetings and conference calls
• Handle travel and itineraries for exec, artists, clients, and roster office visits and more
• Liase/assist for executive between artists and manager teams
• File travel and expense reports
• Work closely organizing meetings with all departments at Elektra including A&R, marketing, publicity, sales, product management, finance and legal
• Attend weekly and bi-weekly staff and breakout meetings, staying up to date on each all artists on the EMG roster
• Liaise with different departments within the company, learning how each interact with each other
• Opportunity to scout and research new artist, songwriter, and producer talent for Elektra
• Opportunity to review demo submissions and cover shows
• Providing creative ideas and support on team and brainstorming ideas of potential artists and present artists on the label
Rockstar candidates will be able to:
• Be self-motivated and a great communicator
• Provide basic assistant/admin support
• Detail oriented, well organized and focused
• Manage time effectively
• Have a vast knowledge and understanding of music across all genres
• Be proactive, passionate and driven to learn about all aspects of the music industry
• Excited to work on in a team environment and be motivated by our roster/artists
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
• Previous music industry experience
• Experience using industry tools such as Nielsen Music Connect, Mediabase, etc.
• Strong Computer Skills – Proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and the Internet.