Broadcast Associate- Evening News
New York, NY
The Researcher liaises with our Sales Partner and is responsible for the fulfilment of customers' research, screener and master requests within tight deadlines. (S)he provides rights and content guidance to Partner and facilitates Standards approval requests.
The Senior Researcher shows good judgment in evaluating and prioritizing requests with Partner and delivering the most relevant content with the fastest turn-around time. She is expected to manage a high volume of orders, taking initiative, based on the customer's needs, to narrow or expand searches depending on the scope of the project including customer's timeframe.
The right candidate is a flexible and high performing team player, capable of navigating partner's business demands and our internal workflows and news standards restrictions and requirements, to meet aggressive targets.
• Provide fast turnaround research, screeners and masters and be accountable for meeting deadlines set by Partner.
• Master the overall MAM and technical workflow and delivery options to anticipate constraints and delays and advise Partner on delivery schedule.
• Guide and educate Partner on NBC News content offering, rights issues and approval process.
• Communicate progress and findings to Partner on a timely basis and provide regular updates on large complex projects.
• Conduct comprehensive rights and restrictions checks for master material and communicate results clearly to Partner.
• Help prepare detailed Standards approval requests and liaise with Researchers and Research and Rights Manager.
• Anticipate client's project needs and proactively recommend content and suggest alternate footage.
• Create and deliver short screeners and masters.
• Keep accurate records of all aspects of customer projects in Salesforce including research, screeners and masters delivered, approval forms, schedules, etc.
• Create and maintain reports on orders completed, pending requests, content, etc.
• Provide back up and coverage within the department during absences and high deadline periods and provide support as needed on special projects.
• Bachelor's degree from an accredited four-year college or university required
• Minimum 5 years of experience licensing/researching archival and stock footage.
• Strong knowledge of rights and clearances required.
• Extensive knowledge of all NBC News archival and current content.
• Knowledge and interest in history, current events and popular culture.
• Excellent computer skills including Office Suite, Salesforce, MAM and database research.
• Experience in production/editing process is a plus.
• Strong interpersonal skills to work closely and extensively with Partner.
• Multi-tasker, organized, thorough, and attention to detail.
• Must be able to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines and willing to work flexible hours.
• Team player, able to take ownership of projects as well as assisting team members to meet requests volume and projects' deadline.