Sales Coordinator - Television
Traffic Copy Coordinator
WGN America – the home of News Nation - has an immediate opening in Chicago, IL for a Traffic Copy Coordinator.
The Copy Coordinator for WGN America has the responsibility for scheduling commercial copy rotations from agency directions inputting the information into the broadcast computer system for multiple schedules. The right person for the job will be proactive, precise, detail oriented, accustomed to deadlines, and able to multitask. The Coordinator must work well with a diverse group of people, who you will depend on to accomplish your tasks.
• Receive, interpret and input highly detailed commercial copy based on agency instructions, flight dates, rotations and multiple revisions within deadlines
• Work with sales and sales assistants (both internally and on the agency side) regarding commercials and copy rotations
• Maintain good working relationships with a variety of internal and external contacts to provide excellent customer service
• Maintain commercial copy instructions/files
• Manage and work with digital systems to receive commercial materials
• Maintain the commercial library and its inventory
• Handle and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously and independently
• Cross train and serve as back up to team members as needed
• Adhere to Company policy and applicable federal, state and local legislation to appropriately schedule commercial copy rotation
• Maintain accurate data entry and record keeping and invoicing
• Perform other duties as assigned
• 2+ years of experience in TV, radio or agency traffic departments required
• High School diploma or equivalent related experience required, Bachelor's degree preferred, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience
• Ability to work in a deadline driven, highly detailed environment
• Ability to work creatively and collaboratively with other staff members
• Proficiency with Microsoft Suite and programs such as Wide Orbit or Wide Orbit Network, along with an ability to learn additional software as required
• Comfortable with downloading video files, ftp sites, etc
Nexstar Media Group is America’s largest local television and media company with 196 full power stations (including partner stations) in 114 markets addressing nearly 63% of US television households and a growing digital media operation.
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site