Warner Music Group
Los Angeles, CA
Senior Coordinator, Sync Clearance
We currently have a fantastic opportunity to join our innovative and highly sought-after Synchronization team at Warner Chappell Music.
Job Title: Senior Coordinator, Sync Clearance
A little bit about our team:
Warner Chappell Music, the global music publishing company of Warner Music Group, is home to a wide array of legendary songwriters and a rich catalog of contemporary hits and influential standards. With offices in more than 40 countries, Warner Chappell Music provides a deep expertise across a range of creative services and the most innovative opportunities for songwriters and copyright holders. With a history dating back more than 200 years, Warner Chappell Music currently publishes and administers music from Lizzo, Lil Jon, Madonna, Smashing Pumpkins, Justin Tranter, George Michael, Cranberries, Lil Wayne, Rae Sremmurd, Led Zeppelin, Kacey Musgraves, Chris Stapleton, Eric Clapton, Duran Duran, Gamble & Huff, Green Day, Katy Perry, Annapurna, Miramax Films, Muse, Radiohead, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Stephen Sondheim, Cole Porter, among many others.
Why this could be your next big break:
The Synchronization department represents music publishing rights and offers clients a comprehensive licensing service. They work to serve songwriters by strategically developing new opportunities in film, television, advertising, video games, and new media.
Here you'll get to:
• Manage and obtain approvals, when necessary, and provide quotes for synchronization requests including, but not limited to: television, documentaries, student films, DVDS, etc.
• Perform research duties of the Company's rights to songs and clear copyright provisions including, but not limited to obtaining permission for use.
• Coordinate and confer with Company's internal departments as well as outside parties including, but not limited to: co-publishers, copyright owners, composers, their managers and/or attorneys, regarding clearance, ownership, and financial procedures and fees.
• Manage and be responsible for handling inquiries from parties requesting fee quotations and license requests for use of copyrights contained in the catalogue.
• Maintain records such as logs, files, and deals.
• Work with all members of the Sync team: clearance, creative and licensing depending on the stage of a project.
• Coordinate with creative team to make suggestions for use of alternate songs in the Company's catalogue when clearance is not available for the original song requested.
• Attend meetings both within and outside the Company relative to the department's operation.
• Handle and safeguard confidential and proprietary information.
Rockstar candidates will have:
• General computer skills and a working knowledge of Microsoft Office (including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint).
• Knowledge of general business practices; demonstrate a high level of customer service including excellent email and phone etiquette.
• Be able to effectively communicate internally and/or externally in a manner consistent with the company's Code of Conduct and core values.
• Ability to adhere to deadlines and execute on task and handle multiple, diverse assignments simultaneously.
• Be able to come to work on time without restriction as to time commitment.
• Be able to read and understand materials and documents and have the ability to recognize and extract critical data and information.
• Possess a strong work ethic.
• Strong organizational skills, pay high attention to detail and ability to effectively manage time.
• Strong communication skills (written and verbal).
• A commitment to learning and excellence.
• Ability to work independently without supervision as well as a team player.
• Demonstrate flexibility and adaptability to changing situations.
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
• A high school level education, or its equivalent is required. A bachelors degree is preferred, preferably augmented by coursework in music business and/or related fields.
• Prefer a minimum of two (2) years relevant experience within a Sync department, preferably in a music publishing company.
• A satisfactory equivalent in education, training and experience in related fields and/or educational disciplines, enough to qualify for the requirements of position.
Why join us:
Warner Music Group is all about our community. We are one global company made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music, at every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart from the rest of the industry by embracing a philosophy of innovation that is part of our company's DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the biggest forces in music today.
Our Company is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national Origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, familial status, military or veteran status, or any other legal recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. WMG will consider employment for qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box).
With a legacy extending back over 200 years, Warner Music Group (WMG) today brings together artists, songwriters and entrepreneurs that are moving entertainment culture across the globe. Operating in more than 70 countries through a network of affiliates and licensees, WMG’s Recorded Music division includes renowned labels such as Asylum, Atlantic, Big Beat, Canvasback, Elektra, Erato, First Night, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Reprise, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Spinnin’, Warner Records, Warner Classics and Warner Music Nashville.