Los Angeles, CA US
PlayStation is the leading entertainment platform with 80 million daily active users in over 90 countries!
The Senior Design Technologist will function as a key member of a small, surgical, rapid prototyping team, as part of SIE's global UX design organization. As a ''rapid prototyper,'' you will develop web-based prototypes and console simulators for the purpose of user testing, design studies, and engineering artifacts across a wide array of PlayStation products and services. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in developing web-based applications and/or rapid prototypes in a fast-paced enterprise environment.
Candidates must be results-oriented individuals who enjoy taking ownership of highly visible and mission-critical projects that require focus on details and elegant user experiences. The ability to handle a variety of tasks and priorities in a demanding, fast paced, and high-performance environment, while working effectively with a range of personalities and technical backgrounds, both independently and in team settings is extremely important.
• Work closely within a tight knit team of experienced designers and developers to produce high-quality, high fidelity prototypes on an aggressive schedule.
• Architect, coordinate, develop, and deploy new web-based prototypes to support SIE's product strategy, objectives, and vision.
• Implement the user interface for web applications and customer-facing prototypes using HTML, CSS, jQuery, JSON, NodeJS, and other web technologies.
• Demonstrate professional engineering practices including adherence to coding standards, producing design documentation, and supporting integration.
• Create, maintain, and contribute to full stack applications in a React based ecosystem
• Very strong knowledge of React, Redux, and Node
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Information Systems or Computer Science.
• Background in Software Engineering, Operating Systems, Databases, Networking, and Web protocols
• Background in UX Design preferred.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Ability to innovate, prioritize, multi-task, and work under pressure to deliver projects on time.
• Process-oriented thinking with aptitude for analyzing potential issues and implementing solutions.
• Technical aptitude and problem-solving skills through cooperative approaches.
• Ability to handle complex projects, customer expectations, and rapidly evolving user requirements.
• Ability to work with limited supervision and able to produce technical design documents.
• Strong attention to detail, polish, and app performance.
• Experience working with SSO services
• Experience with AWS and Webpack
• Experience with design and prototyping tools ( Sketch, Invision, Axure, FramerJS )
• Experience with responsive mobile design
• Strong understanding of the Chrome debugger tools
• Experience with CSS animations
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.