Video Quality Engineer
New York, NY US
The Media Delivery team at DSS is responsible for the entire video encoding supply chain from acquisition to delivery. We are seeking a Video Quality Engineer/Researcher to join our team.
As a Video Quality Engineer you will work with key members of our organization, video encoding engineers, software developers and video quality control technicians to improve our video encoding pipeline to provide the highest quality experience to our end users. We are looking for someone who is passionate about video quality and enjoys digging into complex problems.
• Optimize the video encoding pipeline
• Conduct video quality analysis on existing content
• Design algorithms for assessing video quality
• Research new video analysis and encoding technologies
• Knowledge of video compression standards such as avc, h264, hevc, h265, av1, etc
• Knowledge of advanced and emerging video standards such as HDR10, Dolby Vision
• Expertise with video coding and processing
• Expertise with video quality measurement (psnr, ssim, vmaf, movie, …)
• Familiarity with at least one programming language
• Ability to work constructively within a large organization
• Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering/Computer Science or equivalent