CBS Television Stations
Chicago, IL US
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Overall responsibility for competitiveness of news coverage
• Work at direction of managing editor and producers to follow up on story tips and make beat checks.
• Manage and coordinate coverage of news through efficient use of resources.
• Ability to coordinate coverage and necessary assignments as part of the local news service (LNS).
• Research stories and arrange interviews.
• Answer questions from public on matters related to news programming.
• Generate and follow-up on story leads and ideas.
• Ability to write news stories for broadcast and website.
• Ability to proficiently use desk top editing and other computer systems
• Participate in station social media strategies
• Must be willing to work hours as assigned
• Other duties, as assigned.
• Results-Oriented, Dependable, Detail-Oriented, Courteous
PREFERRED MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
• Bachelor's degree in journalism or related field
• 1 to 3 years in broadcast newsroom, desirable.