Background Painter - The Ghost and Molly Mcgee
Comprised of Disney's international media businesses and the Company's various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International (DTCI) segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company's global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
The Walt Disney Company's Direct-to-Consumer and International segment (DTCI) is a global, multiplatform media, technology and distribution organization for high-quality content created by Disney's Studio Entertainment and Media Networks groups.
DTCI includes Disney's international media operations and the Company's direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the upcoming Disney-branded direct-to-consumer streaming service, the Company's ownership stake in Hulu, and the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN. BAMTECH Media, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney-branded streaming platforms, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company as part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment.
In 2019, the Walt Disney Company launched Disney+, a Disney-branded streaming service featuring an incomparable collection of content from its brands and franchises recognized and respected all over the world. The Direct-To-Consumer (DTC) service will serve as the exclusive home for viewing original movies, series, short-form, and more, along with a vibrant catalogue that spans classic Disney Animation to the most recent movie releases.
We're looking for talented team-players with an entrepreneurial spirit, who will thrive upon the legacy of our company yet embrace unconventional thinking, and who are passionate about contributing to The Walt Disney Company's direct-to-consumer experience through strategic hard-work and determination.
We are seeking an experienced, collaborative and enthusiastic person for the position of Title Planning Manager. Reporting to the Senior Manager, Title Planning in Glendale, this individual will be responsible for managing title requests for Special Projects related to the Disney+ catalog. This person will work closely with Disney+ Programming, Disney Studio Operations (DSO), and Disney Streaming Services (DSS) to research, configure and organize content ordering based on Disney+ business priorities globally. The Title Project Manager will ensure all planned titles are communicated within the Content Operations team members for global rights alignment, ratings, S&P/Compliance, artwork and metadata, and stored in the respective management systems.
The ideal candidate will use project management expertise, keen eye for detail, and exceptional organizational skills to manage monthly project needs. This role will work daily with cross functional teams (Programming, Library Technical Services (LTS), Tech Ops, and Product) to ensure assets are planned and communicated accurately and timely. This position will require detailed knowledge of the upstream content management systems at The Walt Disney Company. This individual will understand the role each source system plays in the content operations value chain, and how the assets flow through to all our products and services downstream to the media service operations team. This individual will also bring a passion for innovation and title management, capable of partnering with others on title planning processes and efficiencies.
The successful candidate will be a highly motivated self-starter who can effectively collaborate and communicate at all levels of the organization, including Senior (VP-level) Product and Technology leaders at the Company.
What does success look like?
In success, you would have successfully planned for and delivered assets for Disney+ catalog projects within the standard service agreements set forth by all parties. You will have researched, organized and communicated all project requirements, and managed the delivery assets on time and without error, every time. You will have established highly collaborative relationships with the Disney+ Programming, Library Technical Services, and Product groups. You will have also partnered effectively with multiple product and technology teams to ensure we transform the operations and invest for improved automation and scalability, in support of our global growth ambitions for Disney+.
• Manage title planning for global Special Projects related to the Disney+ catalog
• Coordinate AV component research requests by intended titles and desired dates
• Organize asset specification requirements for content planning and delivery
• Partner with Disney+ Programming to ensure accurate validation of assets
• Order AV components based on research received, ensuring SLA's are adhered to
• Communicate title expectations across functional teams for downstream workflow needs
• Keep accurate reporting and deadlines on outstanding requests
• Track communications related to deadlines and deliverables, ensure orders maintain accuracy
• Follow up on incomplete or inadequate answers to pin down the facts and take action to tie up loose ends
• Makes sure all necessary tasks have been completed
• Documenting, troubleshooting, and escalating issues - ultimately driving to resolution through collaboration of internal or external partners
• Partner with team members to analyze and evaluate workflows and recommend operational enhancements to improve efficiency
• Minimum 4 years' experience in content library management, planning and digital distribution
• Ability to understand and interpret Disney+ business needs to drive project completion
• Strong project management skills and the ability to juggle multiple projects at one time
• Excellent Excel skills
• Exceptional verbal and written communication skills and ability to communicate on a regular cadence the status of deliveries to meet timelines
• Build and maintain effective and credible relationships with key stakeholders and across all areas of the business. People management and effective communication is key in this role
• A keen eye for detail and an ability to investigate, troubleshoot, and resolve technical problems related to creative and digital deliveries
• Strong digital asset management background
• Teamwork, especially as an expert at getting things done, all with a positive attitude
• Personal affinity for the brands and franchises of The Walt Disney Company
• Prior experience at a studio, online content provider, or posthouse facility a plus
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ and Disney+.