Senior Producer, Race & Culture
New York, NY US
The Senior Producer will coordinate newsgathering of stories that connect with audiences at the intersection of race, politics, and culture across ABC News Platforms. S/he will also be responsible for leading cross-platform projects to ensure robust engagement in this area of reporting.
The Senior Producer will report to the Vice President, Newsgathering.
• Coordinate coverage of stories on race and culture across ABC News Platforms.
• Will work directly with all ABC News platforms to ensure that stories relevant to our diverse audiences are identified early, reported, and covered.
• Candidates must have a strong editorial background with a skill for finding relevant and forward-looking story ideas for all broadcasts and platforms.
• Candidates should have previous newsroom experience, and be a champion and voice for these stories
• Excellent editorial judgment
• 7 years of journalism experience
• Significant reporting experience in the area of Race & Culture
• Experience in multiplatform newsroom
• Insatiable curiosity - you just have to dig deeper to find the truth
• Tenacity to pitch the stories you believe in
• Experience performing well under pressure - - think breaking news-type situations.
• Proficient in relevant languages, including Spanish
• Experience with Social Media and other digital tools
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Television.