Burbank, CA US
We have an opening for a Business Analyst, Business Intelligence. The position is located in Burbank, CA and reports to the Director of Business Intelligence.
The Business Analyst is responsible for playing a contributing role in the planning, organizing, and supervising business intelligence (BI) activities. The primary role of the Business Analyst will be the onboarding of data sources, designing dashboards, and understanding of business analytics.
This role is an individual contributor role, coordinating with the BI team members and business sponsors.
• Work closely with subject matter experts (SME's) across corporate and lines of business assuming the role of an advisor/partner and that drives the collection and review of reporting requirements.
• Help define Key Performance Indicators (KPI) and translate findings into functional and technical documentation.
• Provide functional input into the design and development of dashboards and standard management reports. Determine optimal solutions and delivery methods to meet business needs.
• Develop functional design/documentation templates. Document reporting definitions, end user processes, and develop training materials. Assist with mockups and proof of concept examples for the IT team.
• Support the management of end user security, allowing for appropriate access to information across the enterprise.
• Assist in data governance and quality control of the completeness and accuracy of data. Work with end users to follow through with associated action items and execute in a timely manner.
• Identify and provide input to new business opportunities that will have an impact on the enterprise wide BI systems. Help crystalize concepts by seeking business feedback.
• Drive effective coordination and communication with business and technical teams to deliver BI solutions within time and cost constraints.
• Act as a front-line owner of BI portal and user support.
• Monitor support tickets and liaison with users and technical teams to drive timely resolution.
The ideal candidate will possess the following knowledge, experience, and skill-set:
• Bachelor's degree is required. A degree in economics/finance/engineering/computer science or other data related field preferred but will consider others.
• Minimum of 5 years of BI/reporting/data analysis experience.
• Must have at least 2 years of exposure to business intelligence or reporting tools. Either hands on or in a supporting role. Tableau is a strong preference but will consider other equivalent applications.
• Experience with online collaboration tools such as SharePoint and Slack are a strong plus.
• Consistent demonstration of organization, prioritization, self-motivation, and problem resolution skills.
• Ability to analyze problems and recommend solutions.
• Ability to interact effectively as either a leader or as a member of a team and work collaboratively with other departments.
• Ability to listen to customers and to understand and respond positively to their requests.
• Ability to work without close supervision and to set one's own priorities yet ensure they are in line with department objectives.